What show scared you as a kid?

by Been there 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

Posting on WTLies thread I got to thinking about the shows I watched as a kid. There were a couple that scared the &*^% out of me. The old Twilight Zone where the little demon guy was on the airplane wing was really scary. Another one was The House on Haunted Hill, with Vincent Price in it. The part in the basement when the ghost floats across the floor.

In general all the old Frankinstein, Dracula, Wolfman shows were scary to me ( but I watched them ). Oh I just thought of another one that was really scary. I can't remember the name of it but there was aliens or something staulking people. This girl & guy were making out in a car and this alien hand crawls up the seat and sticks out these long spikes to poke them in the neck with. These shows are funny now, but not when I was a little JW kid. (I'm going to be hideing under the covers tonight) There are more but I'll let someone else have a go at it.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I remember when I was about 6 & at a JW friends house, the parents were playing cards & us kids watched "the birds". I'd never been so scared in my whole life!!! Had nightmares over that one. And when I was about 12 & babysitting, I watched the first Friday-13th,,,,,,,I will never watch a horror movie again! lol

• Robdar
    Robdar

The old Twilight Zone where the little demon guy was on the airplane wing was really scary.

God, yes, that was scary. That program came on before my parents had converted and were only studying with JW. After the conversion, and my own personal study started in the "Paradise Lost" book, nothing on tv scared me anymore. How could it when the WTS was doing such a good job of it?

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

The Birds, by Alfred Hitchcock

also in the Wizard of Oz when the wicked witch came to Dorothy in the crystal ball.

Edited by - imanaliento on 10 October 2002 19:38:44

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Here's my list.

War of the Worlds

Creature From the Black Lagoon

The Thing

The Maze

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Psycho

Night of the Living Dead

• Mac
    Mac

loved the old Universal Studios monstor flicks!!!!!!Scared the hell out of me as a child. I,ve been adding one to my collection every Halloween! lol The film i found the most frightening as a child and still consider a masterpiece is the original "The Haunting" There were no special effects, no monsters, no ghosts. It was an elegantly directed film.

Also, the television series; "Thriller", hosted by Boris Karloff, was a source of many nightmares.

mac, of the head under the covers class

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Last House on The Left

Mark of The Devil

The Brain That Wouldn't Die

Straight-Jacket

The Bad Seed

• Mulan
    Mulan

One Step Beyond. It was on after book study on Tuesday nights. It was about paranormal stuff, and supposedly all true stories. I couldnt' sleep, but couldn't not watch it.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Bad Bad Sister Mulan

Dismembered

• stichione
    stichione

I watched The Exorcist when I was a kid. Needless to say, that night I slept in my room with the lights on and with a Bible on my chest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit