Might as well jump in...

by Cygnus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I have seen (edited to add the word "posted" here, for clarification purposes) on this board that Bill Bowen is still a JW at heart, and I have seen posts and transcipts of his where he refers to the "Christian" way of handling matters.

I have it on good authority that Bill is not concerned with the Bible, and that he is as far from being a JW as could be (religiously speaking).

Bill has refused to answer my inquiries as well as others' when asked about his position on religious/JW matters that have a bearing on his Silentlambs credibility based upon direct statements made by him. I have known why for some time now, and for him to keep up this charade of questioning other people's motives and their apparent lack of support is foolhardy.

You folks can take my words however you want. I have never been a Silentlambs Org. supporter and I don't care if Bill Bowen doesn't like me or my questions. I do think, for his own _personal_ good, that he ought to quit posting here, as he is only digging himself a gigantic hole that is becoming more and more difficult to crawl out from (both personally and in regard to his abuse network).

Edited by - Cygnus on 9 October 2002 23:25:10

• minimus
    minimus

Brave, brave man,especially here!

• jimbob
    jimbob

I'm afraid that I will have to agree with Cygnus on this one. I have a brother that lives in Kentucky and happens to be an elder. I spoke with him about a month ago and casually brought up Bill Bowen (I wanted to know what his opinion was) and asked what he is like. My brother told me that his wife spoke with a sister that attends the same congregation that Bill left. (I guess, "kicked out" is a better term) He told me he is very far removed from the JW mentality, so-to-speak. My brother, who is a staunch elder, said in part of his conversation with me.....and I quote, "That man is so far gone". Of course, my brother called him an apostate. Now, Bill may feel differently, and it's not for me or us to judge or say what Bill does or doesn't believe or feel about the WTS. He's made it clear on his website that his concern his about abuse survivors. This is just what I was told. If Bill says he still believes every single belief and doctrine of the WTS, then that's his perogative. The same goes for the opposite. I for one do not care what his take on WTS beliefs are.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Might as well jump in...

Why the heck not? Everyone else is.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

The only thing I disagree with is that you referred to Mr Bowen being "kicked out". It seems to escape everyones attention that Mr Bowen "quit" 13 months prior to getting "kicked out". If one takes a stand against the "club" they belong to and walks away from it the df'ing is really only a formality.

• jimbob
    jimbob

I was referring to being "kicked out" from a JW perspective. It doesn't matter if you quit going for years and then were df'd. From a JW point of view, you were "kicked out". But yes, I am aware that Mr. Bowen had stopped being a regular meeting attender for some time before getting the ax. I'm sure they made sure he got regular shepherding visits when they didn't see him at the meetings anymore........

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    Might as well jump in...

Why the heck not? Everyone else is.

Hey, you know what they say. "Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody's got one."

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi JC: Good one:

"Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody's got one."

The difference is, I assume, that all anal orificies stink, but not all opinions stink ...

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My brother told me that his wife spoke with a sister that attends the same congregation that Bill left. (I guess, "kicked out" is a better term) He told me he is very far removed from the JW mentality, so-to-speak. My brother, who is a staunch elder, said in part of his conversation with me.....and I quote, "That man is so far gone". Of course, my brother called him an apostate.

Typical Jdub mud slinging misinformation to discredit anyone that dares speak out against the "Cult".

Will

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Cygnus said:

Bill has refused to answer my inquiries as well as others' when asked about his position on religious/JW matters that have a bearing on his Silentlambs credibility based upon direct statements made by him. I have known why for some time now, and for him to keep up this charade of questioning other people's motives and their apparent lack of support is foolhardy.

You folks can take my words however you want. I have never been a Silentlambs Org. supporter and I don't care if Bill Bowen doesn't like me or my questions. I do think, for his own _personal_ good, that he ought to quit posting here, as he is only digging himself a gigantic hole that is becoming more and more difficult to crawl out from (both personally and in regard to his abuse network).

Normally we do not see eye to eye Cygnus, but on this particular topic, I agree with you 100%.

Bill has damaged his credibility, perhaps beyond repair.

BTW Cygnus, after your recent health issues, I hope you are in good spirits and feeling somewhat better.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 10 October 2002 1:40:0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit