So, what did you have for dinner?

by Princess 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

Sooner, i hope your daughter's surgery goes well.

I can't believe all the replies I got on this dumb thread! I guess we all needed a change of pace, eh? Thanks eman, I'm more confused than I was before. My oven goes from 0 to 500F. 1-9 sounds interesting.

The chili was good, too spicy for my daughter but my son quickly ate his. Tomorrow I'm thinking grilled pork loin and potatoes with eman's blast furnace vegetables.

Rachel

• ring
    ring

T-bone steak, salad with blue cheese dressing, and corn on the cob

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

My oven goes from 0 to 500F

Wow!A stove that goes down to zero???

Cool

Cowboy

• Princess
    Princess

Whatever Cowboy, you know what I meant. Give a princess a break will ya? Right now it's probably about 65-70F.

Rachel

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Princess,

Well, I have a favorite meal (which my husband does not like by the way) I make homemade chipped beef gravy, with mashed potatoes and peas.

I don't fix too many fancy meals and we don't entertain, so sometimes, I fix my dinner, as I like to eat before seven, and hubby fixes what he wants much later in the evening. Our diets are a bit different these days as well. It's just the two of us, so it works. Every weekend we eat lunch out on both days, and we have the best conversations, so that the event lasts over two hours! I look forward to these times.

I would be happy to fix regular meals every night, but since the kids are grown and gone, I'm not under that pressure. Since I work all week, I do appreciate having this flexability--, but miss cooking my specialties, like stuffed peppers, meatloaf, homemade spegetti, corn casserole, pies, cakes, cookies, etc.

Sentinel

• Princess
    Princess

Sentinel, I really do enjoy cooking. I have two small kids at home so I cook three meals a day. I am getting a bit tired of the six year old turning up his nose at just about everything these days. Tonight I made linguine with pesto to go with the grilled tenderloin and he ate three helpings. Some nights we have to put up with some major theatrics to get him to swallow. I'm happy if my four year old daughter eats one meal a day. She picks at the rest and then flits off to play.

The roasted veggies were fab by the way. I love the charred taste of sweet bell peppers and broccoli.

Rachel

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Sentinel,

We make that down here too, except that we put it on toast and call it.........shit on a shingle.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Princess, do you remember how your little brother was at that age (6)? I swear if we weren't having steak of hamburgers, for dinner, he would say he wasn't hungry. Maybe the growth spurt was slowing down, but later he turned into an eating machine!!

• blondie
    blondie

Roast Beef

Oven Roasted Potatoes/Carrots/Onions

Homemade Beef Gravy

Oriental Salad

Homemade Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream

• wasasister
    wasasister

I've been addicted to the Food Channel on cable lately, so my cooking urges have been revived.

Forget everything you ever thought about Dungeness crab and try this:

Melt butter with loads of fresh crushed garlic, Worchestershire Sauce or red wine, seasonings.

Break cleaned Dungeness crabs in half. Place each half (body side down) on a foil pouch, fashioned to look like a small paper sack. Drizzle several tablespoons of the butter mixture over the crabs, leaving the pouch open around the top of the crabs.

Place on a grill (outdoors if you can) and cover. Cook for about 20 mins or until crab is hot through.

The garlic, butter, wine permeates the meat and keeps it very moist. Don't even need butter for dipping!

Serve with fresh French bread to soak up the extra sauce, and a Ceasar salad.

Wasa/off to watch the latest broadcast of "Emeril Live"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit