Would you all just stop and take a deep breath?

by PurpleV 40 Replies latest jw friends

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

At the risk of being flamed, I'm sure I will, being new and all, but do you all realize what all this argumentation back and forth between RAY is right and BILL is right, etc., is doing?

HQ LURKs here! They're LAUGHING at us in Bethel! "Ah, look at the apostates imploding! Another prophesy fulfilled!" If you don't think they monitor this site to take the apostates' temperature, you're more naive than I am. They'll use this against us for sure.

Geez, aren't we smarter than that???

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

We don't need to look like anything than we are, we take solace in knowing the real truth.

But I will take a deep breath

in

and out

Ahh, I feel better now. Ok I'm done with this issue

• blondie
    blondie

I will second your comments, PurpleV, with my concerns.

He saidHe said (always much room for misunderstandings even with the written word and recorded words)

He should haveHe should have (now judging others moves into the mix)

He meantHe meant (now mind reading is added)

His motiveHis motive (and now reading hearts is added)

I came to this DB because of the child abuse issue. I admire the sacrifices Bill Bowen and his wife Sheila have made of leaving a long-time way of life with the WTS, losing friends and family, as well as the time and money they have put into Silentlambs. They have had much wonderful support from many who post here because they too were silent lambs or care about friends and family who are.

I am sad to think that because of a misunderstanding between 2 fine men or misunderstanding of the situation by some here on the sidelines, that energy and effort is being directed in the wrong direction.

Pope of Eruke said that maybe we should go back to the Kingdom Hall if we like this kind of interaction. I have to admit that is what this sounds like. Actually, it reminds me of my JW family who are always jumping to negative conclusions about other family members.

Cant we just agree that we all hate child molesters and all of us want to do whatever we can to stop them. Im sure we can all agree that we want to support those who have been abused and help them heal, either directly or referring them to the proper resources.

Silentlambs and Ray Franz books have both been instrumental in opening my eyes to the hypocrisy in the WTS. How happy they are to read these disagreements. Remember who the enemy really is.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

PurpleV,

It was Bill Bowen who started the mud slinging here against HS, Ray Franz and others. It was Bill Bowen who called us lazy if we didn't act to prove his allegations.

It is to Bill Bowen you should address this question.

IW

• Brummie
    Brummie

HQ LURKs here! They're LAUGHING at us in Bethel! "Ah, look at the apostates imploding! Another prophesy fulfilled!" If you don't think they monitor this site to take the apostates' temperature, you're more naive than I am. They'll use this against us for sure. Geez, aren't we smarter than that???

Just incase an HQ lurker is here now

....Well I guess you wont be laughing so loud when you get the $3million lawsuits for your mental cruelty and paedophile friendly GB! Looks like they will be crying in Bethel .....we apostates will be checking your temprature soon, guess we are smarter than you thought!

Brummie

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

To repeat:

It was Bill Bowen who started the mud slinging here against HS, Ray Franz and others. It was Bill Bowen who called us lazy if we didn't act to prove his allegations.

It is Bill Bowen who must come to terms with this and it is he who must apologize.

IW

• mouthy
    mouthy

Alright Children stop your arguing- Go to your rooms!!!!!

You have done your pee, had your drink of water ,now go to sleep. I have had enough...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I can't sleep. Can I get in bed with Xena?

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    It is Bill Bowen who must come to terms with this and it is he who must apologize.

With all due respect, it was not my intention in this thread to address who is wrong and who is right. All I wanted was to ask everyone to take a deep breath and consider our audience. I totally respect your opinion, IW, but I think what's going on is sad.

There are tons of threads going now to debate who is right/wrong. If this thread becomes like that, then I will abandon it to the hijackers, and welcome to it.

Thanks, Blondie, for this:

Remember who the enemy really is.

And yes, Mouthy, I agree. I've had my pee, and am going to my room to sleep now.

Hugs, V

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Mouthy,

I disagree!

Sorry, but I live in Florida, you know that place just filled with old people. Many of them stupid and senile.

I no longer respect an old person's thinking. Why? Because many old farts in my area still think blacks should keep their place and the only use "young" people serve is to keep the social security payments coming. They take advantage of the inflated housing prices up north and come here, buy bigger houses, and expect to be treated as kings. Meanwhile they very happily keep the poor just as poor as can be.

This is the truth.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit