Give Bill a deserved break!

by Derrick 53 Replies latest jw friends

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

I appreciate that skally. If you should ever change your mind, I would one day really appreciate the opportunity to talk to you. I promise that it will be a respectful and non intrusive experience. I would elaborate more on my specific question, but frankly, I am afraid to.

Thanks anyway.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Valis, I understand what you're saying. I can understand if Ray doesn't have the time or energy to put into Silentlambs. I've simply failed to read where he *verbally* supports the efforts of those involved with Silentlambs. I agree with you, Bill souldn't have said those things about Ray. I wish it never happened. Maybe the pressure is getting to him. The whole purpose of the Silentlambs is just so clear to me, kinda like the difference between right and wrong. I don't understand why everyone doesn't see that. But I guess if that was the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion, or any j.w. discussions for that matter.

• Valis
    Valis

Tink...it isn't anyone's job to demand support for any cause, especially from someone who has fought the good fight for a long time to begin with. You and I and most of the people on the board have no clue what kind of courage it took Ray to compile all that info and publish it. Think of all the bridges he burned at the drop of a hat...I would ask that you go and read Luke 9:49-50 and tell me what you think. Everyone does what they can and we need all issues attacked from as many different directions as possible. No one should be derided for doing their part, whatever it may be. No one was or is questioning the cause or its rightness or wrongness...what some have questioned (and gone unanswered) is why one gets to be an ass whenever they want because they do some good at some other time. I mean really...if you got ugly w/me by saying outrageous assenine things and our mutual friends called you to the carpet on it how would you behave? Defend your own actions by claiming some moral high ground or would you do the honorable thing and apologize to everyone who got dragged into your bullshit? Not too much to ask unless you're asking someone who would still be a good little dubbie without the SL issue. THAT EXPLAINS A HELL OF A LOT.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Valis, I read Luke 9:49,50 and I think I see the point that you are making there. What I don't understand is why you are getting so upset with me. It was my understanding that Bill apologized to Ray. Didn't he? Maybe I've missed something here. I just don't see what all this argueing back and forth is accomplishing. I mean, if Bill and Ray are willing to put this behind them, then why can't we? At least, I hope that's what their doing. It just seems to me that all this is taking away from the important issues concerning the Silentlambs. It is not my intentions to argue with you. You said that the honorable thing for Bill to do was to apologize to everyone that was dragged into his bullshit. I don't see where Bill owes me an apology, yes to Ray, but not to me.

I hope you're not upset at me. I'm not here to insult or disrespect anyone. I respect the points that you've made. I just wish everyone could get along. Maybe it has something to do with all the divisions within my own family and wishing that we all could get along. I guess I'm living in a make believe world, where I think that everyone in this world could actually get along with each other. I guess it just doesn't happen.

I'm gonna bow out quietly now.

Edited by - Tinkerbell4125 on 23 October 2002 21:44:18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit