Who Really Has The Truth(tm) Anyway?

by SpannerintheWorks 36 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

DJ...They all agree on the basic teaching of the gospel. Jesus came to earth and died for the sins of man

Yes that's true. And all these ones also believe you "must be born again".....and that "the only way to the father is through Christ". Without Christ there is no salvation.......correct?

So we can honestly say that born Again Christians believe that ALL....I repeat..ALL others will be killed by God.....correct? Really then....there is no difference in beliefs about who has the truth....all without it.... will die............according to religious people.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

So where the Fuck do we go from here?

Spanner

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Spanner, .....Where do we go? There is no other place to go....remember? I guess it's back to the Kingdom Hall old bud.LOL

Hey...if you do find out where we are supposed to go.....be sure and let me know...will ya?

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

The trouble is , my wifie is Jw ............CRYING MY HEART OUT...

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Wife is a JW?

Man, you have my sympathy. Been there, done that. Not fun. Good luck.

• barry
    barry

DJ, You said 7th Day Adventists and worldwide church of god teach you can be saved by their rules. Im a 7th Day Adventist I can comment about the WW Church of God for the most part has accepted the gospel in a recent reformation.While many Adventists beleive as you claim and have their own factions they are loyal to such as Brinsmeadism and the Concerned Bretherine or CBs as we call them the vast majority beleive in the gospel. The same gospel taught by Martin Luther of the righteousness that is by faith alone Barry

• gumby
    gumby

HEY SPANNER,The trouble is , my wifie is Jw ............CRYING MY HEART OUT...

So is mine pal. It's just me myself and I

Barry,

How do you answer the argument I presented.....about God killing all those not Born Again?

How do all the Muslims and Buddist....who have never heard the Gospel....going to have a fair chance? Or do you believe these will be saved. I was hoping for a Christian response so I can argue.LOL

• barry
    barry

ITs been a long Adventist tradition that God will give everyone in some way a chance at salvation regardless of religion and those also who have never heard the name of Jesus. Barry

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Barry,

I didn't know that you are a 7th day Adventist. As far as I was taught in the U.S., they have to hold to the Sabbath tradition. It is held on Saturday, like the Jews, correct? This is a rule in order to be in their church, right? The new testament is clear that the teaching of the sabbath keeping is not mandatory and that some Jewish Christians in Paul's day insisted upon this keeping while Gentile Christians were not held to this rule. (see also Hebrews)

When I studied the WW Church of God, Armstrong held that one must keep all of the tradional holidays of the old testament plus the sabbath. Again this is not new testamant teaching but is to be left up to conscience of the Christian.

In both religions this is just one example of the rule keeping that is not mandatory by God but man.

Gumby,

With all do respect, I don't want to argue religion with you....LOL..and you can't make me!

• barry
    barry

Dear DJ , Right day wrong day to worship different churches have their our idears just as some sprinkle others immerse alll do what they beleive is right. The truth is nothing we do can earn our salvation its a free gift from what Jesus has already done and anything we do is only a response to what he has done as you put it . Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit