SpannerintheWorks

Gumby,

That is sad for us but true
    so...you have the Truth?
  • SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Happy man wrote:

that we say only we shall live
    Happy man, are you saying that non-Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon?
  • SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Again, Mr Happy man said

All this is hope, we dont now anything fore sure, do we?

Are you saying the concept of God is provisional? This is not what your beloved WBTS teaches! Why live in a religion that "doesn't know anything for sure"?

• Victor_E
    Victor_E

A fallacy many current JWs and newly de-towered XJWs have is that you must rush to find the absolute truth once leaving the Tower. In my own personal experience I had had so much religion stuffed down my throat that I suffered from religious indigestion. Upon leaving the JWs I decided I was going to take a much-needed vacation from any religion, and I reasoned that if God was so petty and vengeful that he could not understand my feelings, then he might as well strike me of his list. Kind of reminds me of the scene in the flick Forrest Gump where Lieutenant Dan challenges God to either kill them or let them live, in an effort to find peace within himself.

Since leaving the JWs I have attended several church services for the sake of clients and friends, mostly weddings, and funerals. I can count on one hand the number of times I have attended other church services of organized religion. When I attend I take a third position perception, which gives me a detached observer viewpoint. Knowing linguistics as I do, gives me an advantage to quickly dissect all the hypnotic phenomena and commands the preachers dish out so liberally. The last church service I attended at the insistence of a psychologist colleague makes the JWs look like a cakewalk. What I saw was extensive mind control and deep hypnosis. Over and over again the preachers fed the gullible people guilt, shame and fear.

I have never attended the Unity church but I hear its one of the best to help you find your own path without the coercion and manipulation of orthodox churches. I have listened to many speakers of BRCI conferences on tape who have many years under their belt trying to find their own truths and have come to the conclusion as the ex JW from Greece who used to be the architect for the Tower. He said that in his opinion God never intended to give us the absolute truth, but gave us just the basics for us to figure out our own spiritual path.

He who sets himself up as the keeper of truth is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods

A Einstein

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Each person has their own truth(s).

• gumby
    gumby

Spanner:Gumby,

That is sad for us but true

so...you have the Truth?

Where in my post did I even hint at I had the truth? I never said I had it. I wished I did.

Edited by Gumby after careful study .....never mind spanner .......I see what you mean..............your a funny man you are

Edited by - Gumby on 9 October 2002 14:52:26

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Speaking of Forrest Gump lines, I find much truth in "life is like a box of chocolates, you don't know what you're gonna get."

• DJ
    DJ

Hi,

Hopefully, this bit of info. can help you sort thru some of this.

The various denominations such as: Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, Non-denominationals, Pentecostals, ETC....

They all agree on the basic teaching of the gospel. Jesus came to earth and died for the sins of man.Upon realization of our sins, we are repentant and thankful for his loving sacrifice for us. There is no other way to the Father except thru Jesus. Those who believe in him have eternal life. It is a Free gift. Salvation is not earned. The holy spirit comes to dwell in the hearts of the believer, upon asking. The good works are a result of the work of the spirit within you. It is the fruit that comes forth as a result of the acceptance of the gift of salvation. This brings inner joy and peace that no man can take away. There are no burdening rules or regulations. The newly created inner person is free from fear and guilt and the desire to sin is gone and replaced by the desire to worship God is strong. The results are felt within the person and seen by others because their hardened hearts are changed into hearts of flesh. This is not religion, it is seen as truth because the person goes to Christ, not to man or his rules.

These basics are all in the bible w/o exception. This truth is Jesus. He is truth. ------

The jw's,. have a different gospel. They teach that salvation is thru them by means of their rules. BIG difference.

The body of Christ (the believers) is United in love by this. Hope this clears up some stuff. Love, Dj

Edited by - DJ on 10 October 2002 1:1:24

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Yeah, but are we all living a delusion?

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Cheers...Gumby...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit