FYI-definition of a Satanist by a Satanist

by Ravyn 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

In my OPINION, there are three different kinds of "Satanists" with many many shades and degrees in each category. However most pagans and all christians lump "satanists" in the same gravy.....a negative one. So for reference if anyone is interested, and of course this is only my OPINION, not fact(as if fact was even an option...)---

Satanists:

Pagan(Traditional Satanists): one who believes in a deity/deities/aspects of deities, who predated the xtian adoption of a bad guy image, usually a horned god or a dark goddess(most call themselves Luciferians to distinguish the enlightening/gnostic aspects of Satan rather than the rebellious nature divided on the issue of whether or not to practice magick, but usually very into ritual;

Anti-Xtian(call themselves Traditional Satanists---but generally piss off all the other Satanists by doing so): one who actually worships the xtian idea of a satan or devil(usually fund among rebellious youth goth groups and not accepted by MOST other groups calling themselves Satanists--these are the ones who are stereotyped as sacrificing virgins, pets and babies.)many are into Chaos magick(altho generally NOT well educated in such), shapeshifting and literal or energy(psi) vampyrism and anything else that they think will shock or piss off their parents. Cult followers of movies.

Atheist/Humanist(Modern Satanists): ones who embrace the idea of Satan as depicted in modern day religions to represent personal freedom, empowerment, enlightenment, self-perpetuation, and personal responsibility(most likely Libertarian in their political veiws and very self-actualized, intellectual people). also divided on the issue of magickal practice, usually the ones supporting it are into thelema and chaos. Usually followers of Anton LaVey's brand of 1960's Satanism. Divided after Dr. LaVey's death into two camps---very nasty rivalry due to rightful inheritance.

I personally have come to the conclusion that since we have two hands---right and left---that maybe both canprove useful at the proper times. My pagan path of Stregheria I do not consider to be a right-hand path, because it has no rede governing personal conscience and cursing. But, especially in matters of healing I can see the benefits of Wiccan et al and even Xtianity. My second 'rule' in Chaos Magick is--IF IT WORKS KEEP IT UNTIL IT QUITS.

Ravyn

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    Atheist/Humanist(Modern Satanists): ones who embrace the idea of Satan as depicted in modern day religions to represent personal freedom, empowerment, enlightenment, self-perpetuation, and personal responsibility(most likely Libertarian in their political veiws and very self-actualized, intellectual people). also divided on the issue of magickal practice, usually the ones supporting it are into thelema and chaos. Usually followers of Anton LaVey's brand of 1960's Satanism. Divided after Dr. LaVey's death into two camps---very nasty rivalry due to rightful inheritance.

I dated one of these once. An Atheist/Humanist(Modern Satanist).
    Your definition summarized his views quite well.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

<P>In view of the increase of child abuse and molestation cases coming up lately, and the ;approach of a pagan holiday associated with "occult" practices, ;please accept my post as a means of education. There are no legitimate Satanic groups who approve of child abuse/molestation, or abuse of animals. There are 3 legal Satanic Churches, all of which can be found on the Internet for further research:</P>
    <P>The Church of Satan</P>
    <P>The First Church of Satan</P>
    <P>The Temple of Set</P>

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hyghlander is that you

• butalbee
    butalbee

How can an Atheist(one who denies or disbelieves the existence of god) be a satanist?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

can't you read?

"Atheist/Humanist(Modern Satanists): ones who embrace the idea of Satan as depicted in modern day religions to represent personal freedom, empowerment, enlightenment, self-perpetuation, and personal responsibility(most likely Libertarian in their political veiws and very self-actualized, intellectual people). also divided on the issue of magickal practice, usually the ones supporting it are into thelema and chaos. Usually followers of Anton LaVey's brand of 1960's Satanism. Divided after Dr. LaVey's death into two camps---very nasty rivalry due to rightful inheritance."

and no this is not Hyghlandyr. This is Ravyn.

• butalbee
    butalbee

How can an Atheist(one who denies or disbelieves the existence of god) be a satanist(one who goes against god)? Can't you read?

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

there is a god or there isn't.

if there is a god, then certainly an atheist goes against god.

if there is not a god, then an atheist goes against the ideas or beliefs of others who believe in god.

which is what I SAID.

"ones who embrace the IDEA of Satan as depicted in MODERN DAY RELIGIONS"

(obviously not their own religions if they are atheist or humanist!)

"to REPRESENT personal freedom, empowerment, enlightenment, self-perpetuation, and personal responsibility"

since when would the IDEA of anything that REPRESENTS something else be misunderstood to be a MATERIALIZATION of an entity that IS that particular entity?

I made myself clear. You just want to argue. If you think you know more about a subject that you have no experience with--go right ahead and make a fool of yourself. But I dare you to take it to the Satanist board. They would have you for lunch. (< a pun --duh!)

Ravyn

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

I am flattered that someone thinks I am Hyghlandyr--he is an online sex buddy of mine. And a brilliant man.

Ravyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

Butalbee, I believe that your question was valid.

We can see that Christians aren't the only ones who dislike being challenged in their beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit