Anybody Still Searching For The Truth???

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Pope, you killed me with that one...best belly-laugh I've had in a long time - "dirigible papal headgear" LOLOLOL

As far as the thread goes, I'm doing a lot of searching...kinda skeptical towards the whole Christian thing these days - leaning more towards a mystical view of things. The guy who does www.escapefromwatchtower.com has a number of interesting, mystical type quotes on his page. It really isn't much of an 'apostate' site anymore.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest UnDisfellowshipped... and my dear brother Amazing... may you both have peace... and may I say, "Amen and amen," to your words.

Dearest Mimimum... peace to you, as well... and may you know that I indeed kept "seeking", kept "asking," and kept "knocking," until one day, it WAS "opened" to me. But I did not find the Truth. Rather... HE... found ME... because I had asked the Father to lead me to him. And since I am not longer "lost"... I no longer need to keep searching.

John 14:6 John 15:16 John 4:23, 24 John 6:44, 45

What I say to you here is true; I do not lie. And it can be so for you, as well, if indeed you are "thirsting", "hearing,"... and "wishing." If you are, then I say to you, as it has been given me to say, and as the Spirit and Bride KEEP saying:

"Come! Take 'life's water' - which is the spirit of God, HOLY SPIRIT - free!"

Revelation 22:17

For such spirit... and its "gifts" are GIVEN... freely... without reproaching. Which means that ANYONE can ask... no matter they age, gender, status, cleanliness or lack thereof, or so-called hope. For there is only ONE hope... and all one needs... is a mustard seed... of FAITH. Nothing more.

James 1:5-8 Luke 11:13 1 Corinthians 12:4, 9 Mark 9:23, 24

The Truth, then, dear Mimimus, is not a "what"... but, rather, a WHOM... and he indeed is quite "attainable"... and quite real.

John 6:63 John 14:23 Romans 8:9

Again, I bid you peace.

YOUR servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Edited by - AGuest on 7 October 2002 23:7:34

Edited by - AGuest on 7 October 2002 23:10:30

• minimus
    minimus

AGuest....ahhhh, what the hell are you talkin' about???

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest....ahhhh, what the hell are you talkin' about???

You, dear one, asked a question, which I took quite seriously (you were serious, weren't you?)... and I answered it... at least as far as is true with me... honestly, thoroughly, in detail, and in truth. That is, after all, what you were speaking about, yes? Truth? And you can handle the truth, yes?

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• minimus
    minimus

Dearest Guest, I must confess that seldom do I understand your posts. You appear sincere but a bit "different". I'm glad "HE" helped you.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

...and I should add that I avoid LIKE THE PLAGUE religion that fosters an us/them mentality, or is puritannical...

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
    - H.L. Mencken

Protestantism was the triumph of Paul over Peter, fundamentalism is the triumph of Paul over Christ.
    - Will Durant

We should listen first and foremost to our own experience...We should stop looking for saviors... Society has not existed for thousands of years because it had a succession of saviors. It's existed because it has institutions and processes through which people can realize their own goals.
    - Thomas Sowell

There is no arrogance like religious arrogance
    - My brother-in-law, who may have been quoting someone else

Edited by - dantheman on 7 October 2002 23:31:13

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

"the truth shall set you free" And if you act now, we'll include absoluetly FREE, this amazing SET of ginsu knives! and that's the TRUTH

ok, it's late and i'm just trying to get out of single digits on the post counter.

• blondie
    blondie

Which truth?

Whose truth?

The changeable truth of the WTS? It would be like building a house on sand.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I stopped looking for truth in man made religon. None of them have it.

Love,

Robyn

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

My eyes and heart are open for Christ, for when he decides to lead me. I've looked and looked, can't find a thing (almost got Baptized a Mormon, but didn't). If it's out there God will show me, if it's coming, he'll let me know when he arrives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit