spiritual conversation with an elder yesterday

by ugg 25 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

LOL at the local needs comment ugg. I'll remember that the next time I start feeling the urge to run back to Mother. How did we sit through that shit for so many years??!!!

Hang in there, we're pulling for you!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ugg, I think you are well on your way to making your own life. Anger is a good start. And keeping up with your counsellor. After several years with an abuser, I lost touch with what is good treatment and what is bad treatment. It might help to keep a little diary of your abuser's behavior, and make a note what was abusive about what he said or did.

The next step is to point it out when it happens:

Hey! That wasn't fair!

You are getting stronger...I can sense it.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

(((((((((((((((((ugg)))))))))))))))

I can only imagine what you're going thru. Hang in there.

Free

• ugg
    ugg

i am so grateful to you all...really!!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Ugg,

I only read your post (I haven't read the Replies yet).

I'm sorry to here about your tough position you are in.

Have you told your husband about the silentlambs yet?

I made a Thread which I think you may find helpful:

170 Questions you can ask the Elders (in your case, your husband), and about 70 of them are about the Watchtower Society's Pedophile Policy: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=37330&site=3

I hope this really helps

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Ugg, you write "I CANNOT deal with spiritual things at all .

Obviously you can and you do. It is your hubby who cannot deal with spiritual things, and needs to stick his head in a book for instructions.

Don't underestimate your spirit. Your unwritten understanding about your husband's jwism is indeed spiritual. "the written code kills, but the Spirit gives life"

You don't need anyone to teach you "spiritual" - perhaps remind you things that you already know. "you are a letter from Christ.. written not with ink"

paduan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit