Disassociated

by Scorpion 34 Replies latest jw friends

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear SC,

I wish you would of waited before sending your letter of DA. I only wanted to express that there are other ways of handling it . But if you feel that's the best way for you than who am I to question. You see what I meant to say is, keep your status even if you don't go anymore and inform as many as possible what you have learned on the internet in this way you keep the lines open in helping your fellowman.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Good point, Spec. However, I think some people really need the closure that a DA letter brings.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Hello all,

Spectromize, I understand exactly what you are saying as far as staying in the organization and trying to inform others about the deception of the WTBTS. In my personal situation I just felt I needed to be free from anything that has to do with the WT, a kind of cleansing of the mind and spirit if you will. The amount of time I spent trying to convince individuals outside the organization that what I had as a Jehovah's Witness was the ultimate in truth, turned out to be mostly a waist of valuble time. Life is short! I wish to use what time I have with my family and friends that accept me for who I am, being able to question freely and use the mind God gave me. I still have a very real and secure relationship with Jehovah and his son without the WT organization. I am sure most active JWs do not understand this. I know when I was very active as a JW I thought that Jehovah revealed his purposes through the WT organization alone and we needed that channel for spiritual light. Boy was I misled in my thinking. The ones doing the misleading are the GB and leaders of the WT as well as the elders that see the wrong but because of pride or fear are unable to honestly make a stand and speak up. As I mentioned in a post awhile back, I know an elder in my former congregation that did speak up and was disfellowshipped for what the other elders considered rocking the apple cart or causing division. I know this elder and he remained a very good friend of mine even though he was disfellowshipped. Because of my stand to disassociate myself, I am now free to visit him without fear of the elders or others that would turn me in. This friend of mine is one of the most God fearing men I know and very kind and loving to his family and others. It was a surprise to many when the announcement was made at the KIngdom Hall of his being disfellowshipped. The truth in matters will be shown to light in Gods time.

I wish I had more time but I have to help my wife with something and get to bed. I have a long day tommorrow.

It is good to read some of the posts and see some caring thinking people. I wish I had more time to get involved and reply.

Take care all

• spectromize
    spectromize

SC,

I wish you all the best and if you feel that's the best way for you then so be it. For me rest assured that I will never shun you and it's always a pleasure to read your posts and talk to you.

Christian love,
    Your brother spectromize.

• Ozzygal
    Ozzygal

Hi SC,

I'm so glad that things are going so well for you. I was reading Waiting's summary of your wonderful husband qualities.... and I couldn't help but think there may be alterior motives in paying for your wife to have a massage for her bad back ....

but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

Now you'll have time to give her a massage yourself, and I'll bet she'll reward you for that.

Ozzygal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit