LIGHTEN UP!!!

by ScoobySnax 27 Replies latest jw friends

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Daisy, thanx for that....another cheerful and typical reply

typical ? I see you've tried this line before...why don't you just go see a Disney movie .......

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I can't readily think of anything that satisfies me more than not being jw - but as for lightening up - maybe I prefer being on a mission.

• ugg
    ugg

if the grass looks greener on the other side it is only because they use more manure!!!

• dsgal
    dsgal

I am a very happy person now.The only thing that makes me unhappy are my memories of being a JW.That's why most people sound unhappy when they post here.It's those terrible memories they're re-living.Thanks to Simon for making this site where we can vent and get it out of our systems.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Happiest I've ever been. And my happiness did not come from Jehovah's Witnesses.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I go through phases. I've definitely had the happiest moments of my life since leaving. But sometimes I get down - it's depressing to me that so many people aren't aware of what really goes in the world and in their religion. It depresses me that my own family thinks being loyal to a religious organization run by men is more important than their relationship with me. It saddens me deeply to see so much b.s. happening around the world in the name of religion. You see, it's not just the Witnesses. Look at what happens in the name of Islam. Look what's going on in the Catholic religion...people all over the world put all their faith in one particular way of belief, and none of it is proven fact, yet they allow these concepts to run their life, effect their relationship with people that really truly love them, and worse yet, bring physical, emotional and mental HARM TO OTHERS.

THAT is very depressing and difficult to swallow. Too much self-righteousness going on - the only faith I really have respect for is Buddhism, which I still have loads to read up on and understand. The rest of it is tainted w/ too much self-righteousness, haughtiness and man-made-claimed-to-be-direct-inspiration-from-God B.S.

There's no way in the WORLD i could ever be a Witness again. My mind is free and is now capable to read all sorts of material and come to my own conclusions without having to feel compelled to feel the same way as other people. THAT is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

cheers,

Jason

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Scooby

I'm happy, but mad/sad I wasted 25 years in a cult.

Dismembered but not Dismembered

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

ok....thanx for all your replys....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit