Billygoat's Wedding Pictures

by Valis 69 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Congrats!

• simplesally
    simplesally

If her parents didn't go, who walked her down the aisle?? Did her parents at least go to the reception to offer congratulations??

• Valis
    Valis

Simple...her uncle gave her away and us Apostates sat where her family would be sitting, rather ironic huh? And no her family didn't show up for either the wedding or the lovely reception.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Certainly, her families loss. You've got to feel sorry for them! In spite of her family, I hope she had a wonderful time! It sure looked like she did!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((((((((((((((((((((Everyone!))))))))))))))))))))))))

First of all, thank you so much Valis for putting this thread up! I haven't seen any snapshots or anything at all from the event, so this was a ton of fun browsing through your stuff! And Sixy and COMF thanks to both of you as well for sharing your pictures. Sixy, I love your artistic style! COMF, I love your new bald head - super sexy!

Second of all, my apologies for just now getting to this site. I know I've been a stranger a lot lately. I don't have computer access unless I go to the public library and the time to go to the library has been a luxury I haven't had much of lately. I'm not blowing you off by any means...just relaxing and trying to enjoy the silence of not planning a wedding. Wow. Life is really quiet right now. (Happy sigh!)

The wedding day was such a whirlwind in my memory. That whole week following up to it was a whirlwind! So much to do! (Personal advice: go to Vegas!) But upon the arrival of the actual day, I think the hard work, money, and yes, sometimes tears, of putting together such an event was worth it. The day was a cool 85 degrees with big puffy white clouds in the sky - perfect wedding day weather, especially for an outdoor wedding. The cake arrived on time, the flowers arrived on time, the groomsmen arrived on time (whew!), Neil arrived on time in spite of bad traffic (BIG whew!). Everything went pretty much according to plan and in my mind it was PERFECT!!! Although my parents weren't there, I imagine it was for the best. What bride needs that type of stress on her wedding day, right?

Anyway, it was a total honor to have some of my closest Dallas Apostates there to witness the nuptials. I would have been terribly hurt if they hadn't come! At one part of the ceremony, after the vows, the minister asked those in the audience to make a vow to support and love us and encourage growth in our marriage. They responded by saying "I will". I turned to see everyone sitting out there and I saw COMF, Valis, and Megadude sitting there (I don't remember seeing Sixy at that point.) and they were sitting right in the front like they were my family. I couldn't have picked a more appropriate place for them to be! It was wonderful! The entire wedding day was too short, but it was a totally perfect little dream! And the honeymoon in Mexico was a total blast...except for the...ahem...groom getting a dislocated shoulder on the beach, but we'll save that for another thread.

Thank you everyone for sharing your well-wishes and prayers! Neil and I are looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together and having you a part of it. Right now I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

Love ya!

Andi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Oh, by the way, the ribbons coming out of the wedding cake were cake charms. Instead of doing the dreaded bouquet toss (all my single girl friends hate that stupid tradition!) we had something a little different. The charms were silver with a white ribbon attached to it. They are placed into the cake after baking and before frosting. Each single girl pulls the ribbon out to get their charm. Each charm is different and represents what that girl will have in their life. An airplane charm means they will travel. Baby booties mean they have a child in their future. Wedding bells mean a wedding is in their future. There were quite a few different ones, but it seemed like a fun and different thing to do.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

ahhhhh good to hear from you!!!! Glad you had a great time on your honeymoon and I think I want Mozzers version on the shoulder !!!!

Won't he let you use his comp???? hahahah honeymoon over already JK!!!

Ven luv you guys

• ISP
    ISP

Congrats BG....you looked great!

ISP

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Billygoat, so glad you both are home safe and had a great honeymoon. Pics don't forget..lol!!

I have to tell you , when you told about the part in the ceremony where the ministers asks for the blessings of the audience, I got chills. When you said that they , your apostate family, said , "I will" , made me get tears in my eyes, and I felt so proud. I can tell by the pictures your makeup was just perfect , when they said that, I am sure you were glad you had on waterproff mascara.. lol.

It was truly moving.

Sweetie, we will always be your family. I know many here have become my adopted apostate family, and I don't feel so much of an orphan anymore.

So even thou we arent in the organization anymore, I still refer to many here as my "Sisters" and "Brothers". From the love I have felt here, these people are more like what Brothers and Sisters were supposed to be like in the borg. I am glad to be part of it, and thanks for sharing your life with us, it warmed my heart .

Hugggggggggggg, Dede

Edited by - LyinEyes on 16 October 2002 17:16:11

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Actually, the honeymoon story about the dislocated shoulder really isn't that juicy. (Although it could have been if we'd tried a little harder. Heehee!)

On Wednesday, I was taking a nap on the beach and Neil was out boogie-boarding. He walked in from the water to tell me he thought he'd dislocated his shoulder while he was out riding the waves. I looked at it and it definitely looked funny...he had a huge indentation where his shoulder should have been. (shiver!) Anyway, we ended up in a Mexican emergency room where the doctors took excellent care of him. I was very impressed with the care, even if I couldn't really understand much of what was going on. All I could do was pray and have faith that everything would be fine. The doctors and nurses at Magellan Hospital in Acapulco were wonderful! They didn't speak much English, but enough to help me understand he was in good hands.

I'm sure Neil would have liked to share a more exciting version of what happened, but I might be spoiling that for him. Sorry honey!

(((Dede))) I had on waterproof EVERYTHING that day. I started to get emotional when I did my vows. I was working so hard to NOT cry, but it didn't work. I was shaking like a scared chihuahua. LOL! But I agree with you. Family is no longer who is related to me by blood. MY family is who I make it. I have a ton of family right here on this board and I'm proud of it! I'll never be embarrassed by anyone hear of what they've been through to get here. Well, I might get embarrassed by Wild Turkey or SixofNine on occasion, but that can't be helped.

Edited by - Billygoat on 16 October 2002 17:19:2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit