Billygoat got married!

by MegaDude 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Oh, what a dufus I am, Billygoat's loved one's family are JWs.

It's the parents loss, Marilyn. I wonder how they will act if grandchildren come along?

Blondie (the repentant class)

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Thanks for the update Dude,

I'm happy for her.

Jst2laws

• teejay
    teejay

Congrats to Andrea and Neil!! Two great people.

• COMF
    COMF

It was a wonderful day, watching those two accomplishing what they have planned and worked toward for the year-and-a-half or so that I've known them. Neil, never a witness, has shown extraordinary understanding and support to Andi regarding her upbringing as a JW and the attendant baggage, such as it is (which includes posting on forums like this and occasionally attending Apostofests). Andi, possessing a solid faith in God and expressing it through the Baptist religion, has upheld, explained and defended her faith well in conversations with me and others; has acted on her faith by going on a "mission" to another country for a period of time; and along with Neil, has lived in day-to-day life and activities according to their conviction.

I respect these two more than words can say, and feel honored that they count me among their friends.

Edited by - COMF on 6 October 2002 14:43:40

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Congratulations.

I met the happy couple earlier this year in Dallas and they are certainly nice, friendly and seemed to be happy at that time. However, she has got to be the most beautiful "goat" I've ever seen in my life time. Hope this is the start of a long and happy marriage with many children, (if you want them.)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Mega))) You're a total sweetie! I can't thank you and the rest of the Dallas crew enough for being there. It made a world of difference knowing you were there. True "love" goes above and beyond rules and restrictions. It's unconditional and pure and a true miracle if you ask me. This world doesn't have enough of it...but I've got more than my share just from y'all!

I respect these two more than words can say, and feel honored that they count me among their friends.
    Fred, it is Neil and I that are honored with your friendship! It is more than we deserve, but it will never be taken for granted.

Neil and I know this will be a lot of work for us to have a successful marriage. We've had enough failed relationships in our past to know what NOT to do. We also have many friends that have been married for decades and decades that are wonderful examples to us. (One couple at our wedding has been married for 54 years!) But honestly, the glue that holds us together is our shared belief that God loves us and will take care of us. We believe that He put us together for a purpose. Neil and I look at our relationship (even before the wedding) as our ministry. It is MY JOB to make sure I always show kindness, love, compassion, and support to this man. And it is HIS JOB to do likewise with me. It's something we've understood since our second or third date almost two years ago. Have the last two years been easy? For those of you that really know us...NO. The last two years have been a lot of work, a ton of communication...sometimes with the help of a therapist we saw for several months...and daily prayer. I pray for Neil everyday. I know he does the same for me. Finding someone that loves and accepts me for who I am today is a true miracle. But it's one that I'll take and one that I'll cherish. I know what we have is not an everyday occurence. I know it is a gift that doesn't come around to everyone. Which I think is why we're so determined help each other and love each other that much more. We don't want to be spoiled brats about something so wonderful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit