JW Code and Silent Lambs

by Goodboy 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Eric
    Eric

goodboy,

Whoops! It seems I've fallen through a couple of cracks between your categorizations.

Though I was Raised a JW, (born one in fact) I put off and put off being baptized because I had some doubts until at age 16 and son of the PO, my nonbaptized status began to become an issue of concern in the minds of certain elders who coveted my dad's position. When I rebelled against my father, still at age 16, an announcement was made to the congregation regarding my "public reproof - for conduct unbecoming a christian". I had to leave home because my reluctance to conform had made his position in the heirarchy untenable. That plus the fact that I had become tired of the beatings and I had grown to a size where I realized I could reverse the physical punishment.

But, never having been baptized, my shunability ranking has remained somewhat dubious to my family and friends. Depending upon the odour wafting from the latest watchtower QFR, or ministry school supplement I am "in" or "out", acceptable or rejectable, invited to this anniversary then barred from that wedding, invited to this wedding then barred from that family re-union. Even my mother admits to befuddlement over my status, when she will or will not feel able to speak to me.

In JW-speak, I believe this is similar to being called "marked". This is when a special needs talk is given to isolate an individual from social contact based on rumor and innuendo. - see QFR WT July 15, 1999 pg.29 - 31.

Perhaps you need a status category: 'M'arked.

Eric

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Fxn here!

by the way good boy, that was brilliant.

• TR
    TR

FXU here!-

Again, good post, Goodboy.

TR

• gumby
    gumby

Eric,

Depending upon the odour wafting from the latest watchtower QFR, or ministry school supplement I am "in" or "out", acceptable or rejectable, invited to this anniversary then barred from that wedding, invited to this wedding then barred from that family re-union. Even my mother admits to befuddlement over my status , when she will or will not feel able to speak to me.

Man dude...can I relate to that!

My family is so damn screwed up on who can talk to who, and when, ....it ain't funny!

My Mom has told me I am welcome anytime and can spend the night when I come to visit.....then.....she swithes to second gear in her attitude tward my sister who has the same status as me...( a dirty Apostate) , and would not offer her the same opportunuties.

When my Moms sisters came to visit her...(all dubs) I asked if she would invite this same sister of mine. She said...."why no honey". I said why? She said.."well because she is disfellowshiped".

I didn't say anything but the point is........I am Dfed...I am welcome to eat and sleep at her home......my sister...DFed....cannot. Talk about double standards, confusion, and pure idiocy!

Oh! BTW.....JW's do not hurt families or cause emotional problem in others.

Edited by - Gumby on 5 October 2002 12:57:37

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Good post!

Put me down as RXU, fan of sock puppets everywhere.

• dyan4help
    dyan4help

FXN ......

Dyan

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    You aren't Bill Bowen and you aren't sitting at the gameboard. Remain silent until the game is done. Moves, which make no sense, become "Brilliant" if the game is won.

Thank you Goodboy. I agree wholeheartedly!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Informative post Goodboy.

I see we definitely share some things in common, for I too am a RXU (Raised, X-JW, Unbeliever)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I'm one of those that slip through the cracks. I am Found, Walkaway not DF or DA, Believer in God but not in a God who cares.

• jozb5
    jozb5

OK I'm a RAN and I did run like hell! lol

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit