Former Elders Please Check IN

by jst2laws 44 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

i was a m.s. for about 10 years.

i removed myself when it was apparent i was going to be made an elder.

my concience could not allow that to happen.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

just a ministerial servant IN 1994... 4months!!!! LOL

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Jst2: This is nice to see so many ex-elders, the ARSE kind (was it: Another Reformed Sensitive ex-Elder?) Funny.

The "ex-elder book" idea is great (the chapter on "Experiences" would no doubt be fascinating).

The "public talks online" would be very interesting, to help us "continue walking in the things we have learned" (about the org since getting online). And it wouldn't even have to be on a Sunday morning...

Grits

Edited by - GRITS on 6 October 2002 10:34:33

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

from 1989 - 2000 resigned as an elder.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Who of you remembers the Society's orally given instructions from about 1990 (give or take a year or so) to the effect that if secular authorities come around demanding confidential files, "they will not find them"?

I definitely recall those instructions! It was about 12 years ago and I was a MS as the time. I recall it was at an elders & MS meeting with the CO. I remember the CO clearly stating that if the authorities came to the Hall (even with a search warrant) that the brothers were to stall them as long as possible, call the Society and destroy the records there at the Hall. I recall that Walden Chin was my CO at the time. He was a real hard-liner and as he was saying this, I was like "holy smokes, whats going?" You know how the average JW mind starts making up "conspiracy theories" every time there are special instructions. Ive always wondered what prompted these instructions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit