Just two weeks in our new home and the knock at the door happens!!

by truthseekeriam 27 Replies latest jw friends

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    They don't mean well. No more than a Nazi sympathizer thinking to himself "Oh no the SS are carting off that poor Jewish cobbler. I hope he'll be ok".
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good for you for taking back your power and not answering the door. You specifically asked them not to have the elders come, how dare they show up at your door? I had the same thing happen, I gave them a piece of my mind. I also asked to be put on the do not call list, good luck with that, half the time they knock any way, they seem incapable of consistency following directions. Telling them I am an apostate and giving them a thorough reverse witness didn't help either.

The "come back to Jehovah" thing always annoys me. They do not own Jehovah, they just think they do. You may or may not have left Jehovah depending on whether you still believe in him. What if you just decided they had left Jehovah because they protect pedophiles? Who are they to say they know better than you? I know she means well, but it's obnoxious.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ truthseek... - I found the visit from the elders a bit amusing. As if them showing up and posturing would make you open the door. Incredible. I wanted to suggest next time, depending on how long their arrogance permits them to stay at your front door, I would call the police in a very excited state and plead with them to send a squad car as two men are trying to break in through your front door. But then again, that's just me .

• Scully
    Scully

One of these days, I'd love to say something like this to the next JWs that come to my door:

"Would it shock you to know that there are at least 400 *known* JW child molesters on record at [the Canadian] Bethel? Think about this, the next time you go to a Regional Convention™ or Circuit Assembly™: There are up to 10 child molesters circulating freely among the Brothers™ and Sisters™ and their children, and probably trying to find a way to get close to a child and their family. Except for the Elders™ from their own Congregation™, nobody knows who they are. Wouldn't *you* want to know if the Brother™ taking an interest in your children is a molester?"

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

After talking with my husband this evening I literally can't wait for them to try and scare me at my home again! These idiots have no idea what they're in for if they continue to try and disrupt my peace! I have a excellent lawyer who would just love to get involved if necessary.

I'm almost positive they are on a witch hunt that will lead to disfellowshipping if I don't disassociate first. It's something I have tried to avoid because of family but that really hasn't helped anyways, I might as well be disfellowshipped!

I plan on going all out for every holiday this year, no more hiding...I'm done!!

Have I mentioned how much I hate this religion today??

• KateWild
    KateWild

Truthseekeiam,

Thanks for the experience. Sounds like the husband of the couple is reaching out and sucking up to be promoted. I think it was his idea to go to the elders.

I feel sorry for the wife though. She seems like she is on the cusp of waking up. I think you might have given her something to think about and want to protect her son.

As for the elders calling round I am glad you felt good not opening the door to them. It feels good to have the power.

I often speak to JWs when I see them and tell them my story and how I have lost faith and why. Some are very receptive and perhaps have woken up.

Kate xx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LisaRose - "The "come back to Jehovah" thing always annoys me. They do not own Jehovah, they just think they do."

He's like the WTS's mascot, at this point.

x

truthseekeriam - "I'm almost positive they are on a witch hunt ."

'Course they are.

Way too many "householders" are becoming way too knowledgeable about the WT's dirty laundry, these days.

I half-expect it to happen to me, eventually, even though I don't rock any boats.

x

katewild - "Sounds like the husband of the couple is reaching out and sucking up to be promoted. I think it was his idea to go to the elders."

Yup.

He tattled on you... surest way to get a leg up on the competition, and he won't experience a smidge of blowback from his JW peers for it, either.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

truthseekeriam why don't you text that poor sister You Tube links to the JW testimony before the Royal Commission? She probably won't text you again and who knows she might learn TTATT!

wheels

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit