Just two weeks in our new home and the knock at the door happens!!

by truthseekeriam 27 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Just relaxing with my morning coffee enjoying looking at the pictures Fipper shared of the camping trip when the dreaded knock came.

Of course the dogs beat me to the door followed by my daughter trying to catch them, she looks through the giant peep hole and waves me away saying "its them." I almost just walked away from the door when I saw the sweet face of a 5/6 year old little boy with his mom and dad and couldn't resist talking to them.

I opened the door and smiled and said Jehovah's Witnesses? They respond with a smile and nod. I said we wouldn't be interested in anything you have to say. Which of course lead to...what is it that makes you feel that way?

Big open door! I said the recent TV broadcasts talking about the child abusers cover ups. The male of course speaks up and says that's a misconception, we don't cover up child abuse. I looked him and his wife straight in the face and said really? My daughter was molested by a ex elder so I personally know what goes on. Of course that floored them and they started backpedaling saying well things are changing and the female starts up about the message from the governing body member and the new Caleb video. To which I responded that I have been keeping up with what's been going on and watched that video and explained how the kids need to understand it could be a brother or sister in the hall or a uncle or aunt at home and not some scary looking monster as they portrayed in the video. They seemed in agreement and in fact the woman seemed very emotional as was I she asked if she could give me a hug which I agreed to and she whispered in my ear that she had been molested as well. I told them I truly have nothing against them but it's their leadership that needs to make changes which envolves them warning parents if their is a child molester in their hall. I looked at her son and said they need to keep the children safe. They both were very respectful however the male asked my name to where I smiled and said I have no interest in having any elders come to my home and in fact I would appreciate if they put us on the do not all list, we are trying to move on with our lives.

I'm sure I not remembering everything but it I felt good about it. Let's hope this doesn't send the elders poking around.

On a side note, my son was leaving for school when he said the group was all looking at our house and pointing..ha ha.

• sir82
    sir82
    Exactly the kind of response that will, very likely wake them up. Perhaps not for a long time, maybe even years, but at some future point they will look back at this encounter and realize that this is when the scales started to fall from their eyes.
  • marmot
    marmot
    Wow, kudos! I always just smile and give the standard "not interested" when they knock at my place.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Well done.

Respectful, but firm.

• millie210
    millie210

Wow you really made your point and you did so with dignity and class.

Great job!

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

You will be annotated in the territory record as 'careful/apostate', and hopefully you will not be bothered anymore.

Congratulations!

SL

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i wonder if the wife reads this site ----?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    This is why there going to cart witnessing so unsuspecting JW's are less likely to get a wake up call at a door. Great job.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

They can mark me whatever they want, as long as they stay away. 😀

The wife seemed really interested and not at all shocked by what I had to say...makes me wonder if it was a JW that molested her as well? All I know is they both will be a little more careful with that precious little boy of theirs.

I asked her husband if he was an elder and he said no, so I told him to ask his elders if there is any molesters in the hall and see what they say. I hope he does. He seemed a little more surprised by what I was saying, so hopefully he'll do a little more research.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Well done. I hope he does ask his elders. And I hope he asks if there's any ACCUSED molesters because otherwise, the elders might feel free to lie to his face and say "no," if the guy was never prosecuted. (That is, if there is one there.)

Did you give the little guy ice cream money?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit