JW's reaction in Sac

by Erica 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Erica
    Erica

I was so upset yesterday, but today I put it all in perspective. I had to call my ex-husband to take care of the final divorce crap, and my ex-mother in law answers and I politly say who is calling and ask her how she is and I couldn't belive her reaction, she was pissed off and ask what I wanted, I asked my ex what her problem was and he said " Well she is reallly upset because it's going around that you held a press confrence in front of the KH and that you were in New York protesting", well I couldn't help myself so I told him " It's amazing how she will shake the hand of the man who molested me for so many years, yet I stand in front of a KH and say they need to change there policys and she treats me as if I'm the evil one".

Anyway I was really upset and I started thinking I in a way am happy I called and all this was said because now I know it is getting to them, they are hearing it, not liking it but forced to hear it, I give my props to all out there for getting the message out, it's making a diffrence....Whoo HoooooooErica

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Erica: We are all behind you. Times like this can be rough, but they are defining times ... and we learn who our friends really are ... hang in there ... you are courageous and to be admired for standing up, speaking out, and helping to bring an end to the madness. Thanks. - Jim Whitney

• Erica
    Erica

I wasn't sure how JW's were reacting to this whole child abuse thang, and I realized with her reaction that there either thinking twice about it or they are hating us for speaking up, the march was a huge success, and witnesses are hearing about it and what they do with that info is totally up to them but I know that I along with most people at the march and who have supported this issue have a certain satisfaction in doing what is right.

As far as being brave well thank you, I don't see myself that way but I do know one things for sure all the support was strengthening, which is why I want to help anybody who needs it cause I know how much it helps to have someone else to be your back bone.

We are making a diffrence and I am sooo thrilled about it.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

erica,

Thank God she is your ex-mother-in-law ! yeegawds !

hugs, christina

• think41self
    think41self

You go Erica!

What is it you learn in psych 101? If something makes you angry, you should examine it...there's a reason you're reacting so strongly. Your ex mother in law was angry because it makes her face things she doesn't want to face.

Hey, don't look at me....I never took psych 101.

Tracy

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

YOU GO GIRL! HAHAHAHHA Don't you let yourself feel bad. I ahve not gotten feedback from my family yet, but I am hoping they know soon. I have family that are not JWs that know I went so I'm sure my mom will know very soon. I don't WANT my mom to be mad at me, but I'm sure she will be. And yet she needs to know how strongly I feel. I am SO proud of you. You have helped so many.

Laurie Fitzwater

• Erica
    Erica

dedaisy: your too funny, your right though she was always "nice" to me but I knew she never really liked me, not until her little boy cheated on me did she start to treat me with more of a natural love, but then I left him and she still was really nice, till yesterday she actually showed her true colors, makes me sick.

• Erica
    Erica

<<<<<<<<LAURIE>>>>>>>>

Hey babe e-mail

Miss you......Erica

Think41self: Your right, only face reallity if it's convinient. I think to I have tried so hard for her acceptence for all those years, but she looks like the bad one when she repeats the story I was sooo kind to her and she was the %$#&@$

• abbagail
    abbagail

Helloooooo There Erica!

Sorry to hear the joys of being in NY were temporarily shattered by hateful and hurtful scorn from your ex-MIL. It TRULY IS mind-boggling how the JW-mindset could be SO TWISTED to support the ped while CONTINUING to lash out at you, the victim. I'm positive I would NOT be able to "keep my cool" in such situations. That was an EXCELLENT reply you gave to your ex. Shows you can "think on your feet" when under duress. I really really ADMIRE that! And who could refute your argument? (Your reply sounded to me like one of those piercing questions Jesus would pose to those wishing to devour him and shut him up!) Good job Girl!

BIG HUG for you, and I'm glad a new day brought you the right perspective and some peace. Thanks for letting us know that at least in Sac, the dubs are steaming out their ears over the AWESOME TIME we had in NY, standing there side by side in support of the silenced lambs, and, hey! guess what? The Korah-like fire from heaven nor the earthquake swallowed us up right there in the street like, I'm sure, the "peepers from the windows" were hoping and expecting. (TeeHeeee... can't help but laugh at that thought!)

Sorry I missed you guys on Saturday. I was dead to the world. I hear you had a great time "dancing the night away" Friday night; and lotsa great sightseeing the next day. Can't wait to meet up with the silentlambs again, some day soon I hope. It's was a privilege and an honor to be in your company. You make us all VERY PROUD!

Hang tough, and love to you and your Mom. (Please do tell me again how to spell her name... Is it Alejandra?)

{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}

GRITS (a/k/a Gail)

• jeannie
    jeannie

Hi Sweetie....I miss your face!!! Do not let anyone get you down...you have done the right thing and you can be proud of yourself and we all are of you...for your courage, bravery and guts! When I first saw you on Dateline I immediately liked you..and when I was able to spend time with you and talk and laugh and share...(meow!!)I hope you know what that means..I will give you a hint "D" lol...Really hope we can laugh together again..and please give your mom a big hug for me..she is so much fun...

Laurie.....You are one special person..love ya

Grits....Thanks so much for standing on the rain with me and helping me to get in and out and in and out and in and out of taxis..lol I think in my last post I goofed and called you Gutsy instead of Grits..but then again I called Harold :Howard all day. Send me your tele # so we can talk again..

hugs jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit