i have a question

by willy_think 29 Replies latest jw friends

• willy_think
    willy_think

My Farther is a JW, my mother is RC i am neither. i have done a study of world beliefs from, atheist to Zoraster. this includes many WTBTS writings, old & new. i have found many dubble and hidden meanings in the WTBTA literature. has any one elst found Freemason symbols? i have also found symbols that made me think of the old Gods of Egypt (Ocult). The SUN simbol for ex, which made me think of the pagon GOD RAH, so i looked into it. I found that the house of rah (the pyramid) is used to make proficy. wow!! did you know that the SUN GOD of the farroahs is wating to be risen from the dead were he will live forever as king of the world reining over his followers, who will also be given everlasting life. this got me thinking again, so i asked JWs to close ther eyes and describe to me who there god is. i asked 4 of them and 4 of them told me he wah Jehovah, but in describing hin thay ALL talked of a ball of light or power!! wow!! so i went through the old watchtowers nice pictures!! (of the SUN) i found references to the (sun of god) that could be taken 2 ways. i gess my question to you is. have you thought of God this way? why would a faith professing to be christian use the House of a pagon god to make proficy? the SUN GOD is often thought of as (the deceiver), in service to jehovRAH have you been asked to be deceptive? if you know nothing about the ocult religons of Egypt, will you learn for yourself??? DO NOT ASK A JW ABOUT THIS!!! as i have found there reaction to be very unchristian like, to say the least. this is a serious thing to me as my dad may be worshiping the SUN and not know it. plese post

• JanH
    JanH

The problem with this line of thinking, as you must surely realize since you have studied many world religions, is that no religion is an island. Symbolics -- like ideas -- have been floating around and been used by many differing systems of belief.

Egyptian religion had a profound effect on early Christianity; most of its ideas on the afterlife seems to have come from Egypt. The idea of a dying and resurrected saviour reminds very much about the Isis-Osiris myths.

The worst you can do, is to talk about "freemasonary" symbols. As far as I know, no such things exist. Freemasons use all sorts of symbols from all cultures and religions; being very syncretistic. The "cross and crown" which many now claim are freemasonary symbols can be found on many 19th century religious books and magazines. I have on good authority that this is not a symbol a freemason will normally be terribly familiar with.

- Jan
    --
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"
    -- Albert Einstein

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

You must come to a conclusion. And that is, who the true God?

Ps. Who made the suns? Answer: Jehovah

• willy_think
    willy_think

thanks for the post JanH, do you think that the accidental use of an ocult egyptian symbol apples to russell who studed the pyramids where the symbols are to be found? isis-osirs savior is not toooooo far away but the zoroasterian belief is very very close. i am sorry you feel " the worst you can do...." i meant to do no harm. i am not a religious person, and i have a question that is all. the coss and crown come from the catholics, the freemasons were excommunicated as a group by a pope. i truly am sorry to have offened you janh

• willy_think
    willy_think

i posted befor i read about your lifes as JWs. i had only the printed info. to go by. it is quit different. the question is not appropreate, i thought it was just my dad and his frends who...oh well what is the difference. it is up to hin not me. plese delete the post, i don't think it is helpful to you guys i now understand you can't think never mind talk about other beliefs. the buda pointed to the moon and asked his fallowers to tell him what thay see " your hand pointing to the moon" was the responce. it was not the answer. thay were distracted from the object of the lesson (the moon), by the way the it was taught( it was pointed out to them). i think maby the message of christ is like the moon and th wtbta tells every detail of the hand but only the "moon" as it is reflected off the hand. i don't know what to say i am sorry i should have looked into your lifes frist, i see now you can't talk about this stuff or see truth in any other beliefs. but god, to me, is byond my understanding. if it is his will that i ilve or die, feel joy or sorrow, so let it be. i don't understand him and don't think he expected me to. let his will be done in all things everywhere.

• agent2863
    agent2863

Your concerns are justified. The true & living God can only be found in the Bible, not in the W.T. publications. You will find Him, if you search with all your heart. God loves you! :)

• Norm
    Norm

Hi,

You said:

Your concerns are justified. The true & living God can only be found in the Bible, not in the W.T. publications. You will find Him, if you search with all your heart. God loves you! :)

I have read the Bible for over 30 years and I still haven't found this "true and living God". The only God I find there is a sadistic homicidal murderer. But you might be able to tell me where I should look?

There is another thing I don't understand, if God loves us so much, why do we have to search for him all the time? If someone really loves you, they usually find you because they will look for you all the time, right? If you have to incessantly search for someone who claims he love you because he is difficult to find, what does that tell you?

Norm.

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate

norm - so where does that leave you?

wil - thanks - i really liked your ideas and your style

BAD ASSOCIATE

• JanH
    JanH
    thanks for the post JanH, do you think that the accidental use of an ocult egyptian symbol apples to russell who studed the pyramids where the symbols are to be found?

Russell was of course well aware that e.g. the winged sun was an ancient Egyptian symbol. He believed that there was an ancient tradition of true worship in Egypt, but as far as I know, he never really made this very concrete, or explained his use of this symbol.

The connection to the pyramid is, as you note, obviously relevant. In his books, Russell seems to subscribe to the idea that the Pyramid was built by the Hyxos (a slightly mysterious people who ruled Egypt for a time), whose ruler -- he argued -- was noen other than Melchizedech. This he had from the pyramidologist Seiss ("Miracle in Stone").

Btw, I don't know from where you got the idea that anything you wrote offended me. I am not in the being offended business

- Jan
    --
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"
    -- Albert Einstein

• agent2863
    agent2863

Hi Norm, God doesn't have to search for you, Norm. He knows right where you are. He knew about you before the world began. But it's we who set up our priorties in our lives and for most people that doesn't include 'wasting time' at church and all that religious stuff. I know it wasn't a priority for a lot of my life. Yeh, we read alot about God's times of judgement in the bible, but to be fair, it is mostly about His love for us. I know you said you read the bible many times. Then how did you miss the message of the entire New Tesament. God sending His own Son to die in your(my) place for our sins. Jesus said "No greater love is there that a man lay down his life for his friends". No greater love, indeed. I know you really don't buy all this right now, but the truth is, wether we believe it or not doesn't change the reality of it. Do really want to wait until your dead to find out the truth. I pray you won't. God does love you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit