JW's, no worse than anyone else?

by sleepy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

JW's, no worse than anyone else?

HA! I don't think so.

If you live under so much stressful rules and regulations, then I think they live worse than anyone else. Let's say they live just as well as living under a dictatorship: Living with FEAR. To me, living with fear is not living freely and when you're not living freely, you won't be living happy.

Just as Sentinel said and I agree with Sentinel's statement:"They will not tolerate anyone who does not believe the way they do."

It doesn't matter if they are really nice and sweet people, but if they show that arrogant attitude of not tolerating anyone who does not believe the way they do or the attitude of wanting everyone to listen what they say, but they won't listen what others got to say, that will not make them better than anyone else. To me, they can all eat s**t and die.

Regards,

Ajax

• metatron
    metatron

What is the worst fruitage of the Watchtower?

Pretense.

Pretense hurts. Pretence damages people. Pretense can even kill.

What pretense?

Pretending that they have a real ministry - that hours of talking to nobody
    and selling vacuous magazines is a life saving work that demands sacrifice.

Pretending that boring repetive meetings have value

Pretending that the organization knows how to raise good kids.

Pretending that they are directed by God - with authority to command on any
    matter - such as blood transfusion, organ transplants, neutrality, or other
    areas that properly belong to individual conscience - AND IGNORING/HIDING
    DECADES OF EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE FALSE PROPHETS.

Pretending that their extreme shunning is scriptural - WHEN THE WRITING STAFF
    HAS KNOWN IT ISN'T FOR MANY YEARS.

Pretending that the organization is a spiritual paradise - instead of a cult
    overrun with corruption, 'double-lives', and burned out publishers.

metatron

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

Sleepy, mostly what you say is true.Many are no less any then any other,but in a few respects.You can't get to heaven by following the Watchtower let alone an earthly paradise.

And if you don't follow Christ,you still don't get to heaven or a earthly paradise.Witnesses refuse to follow Christ and they think there is another way besides Christ.Christ said Himself that He was the only way to go,(John 14:6).

So basically,if you don't look towards Christ,nothing else works.Jehovah Witnesses think they have the inside scoop on heaven,Christ,and Jehovah.Sure if you think another gospel is on the way.At least the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society does have another Gospel,another Christ,and another Way.That's the wrong way.

And just a thought,religions aren't the way either.

• blondie
    blondie

It boils down to this, the JWs believe that as a group, they are the only ones preaching the good news of the kingdom, the only ones really living a Christlike life. I heard that comment 3 times at the book study last week and 5 times on Sunday. They look down their noses at all other religious groups as being totally deficient. So the JWs hold themselves up verbally to a higher standard.

The fact that you, sleepy, say they are no different than the rest of the poor slobs on the planet, contradicts everything they teach and say individually and as a group. They have been singled out by God and are the only ones that will survive the so-called nearing destruction of the wicked.

Sleepy, do you attend the KH?

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I agree!!! Who is to say what is really right or wrong. If the diversity of life has taught us only one thing, I think that is that variety is the spice of life. We have the right to believe something, and should not criticize others for feeling different. Even facts are debatable, for they all depend on perspective.

My thought

Dragon

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

The bottom line is that most all here were affected by the WT. That is where their focus is. At least the WT does not stone women for having sex out of wedlock and make the women wear veils in public or behead people in soccor fields.

The world is full of radical religions. Once I got out of the WT and really looked at christianity I began to see how the whole concept was radical- virgin birth and th like. I do not bash others for not agreeing with me on that- but I equally do not want to see others bashed for thier choices in life. Some of the responses in this thread validated parts of what I have been trying to say. The list of things that some here hate about the WT.

It is best to get beyond any feelings toward the WT. To get beyond the anger- especially if one thinks that they want to help anyone- abuse victim or otherwise. A good therapist does not rally on the anger and hate side of thier victim. The therapist does not encourage the patient to go in public and make statements against what they need to get beyond. The therapist encourages private conversation and venting to get beyond the anger.

The heading at the top of the WT press release post read: "who are these people?" We know who they are. We were them. We of all people should be able to be more reasonable and logical in our approach to JW abuse victims. The jw's are human with human feelings just as we are and were and all others on this planet are. We need not fuel thier armagedon fire. We need not add credence to thier beliefs. And that is, I am afraid, just what we are doing....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

E-man hit the nail on the head! You must believe their mistakes and live by them, or you are expelled and shunned, even on the family level. That, in my book makes them worse than a lot of other religions out there..........

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

sleepy said:

The point is that there is no universal standard of conduct or rules for living , people have as much right as anyone else to believe what they wish, no matter how daft I think it is.

I do not agree with you there.

There ARE Universal Standards of Conduct for Living!

Nearly every place on Earth has some sort of Laws against the following:

MURDER

RAPE

CHILD MOLESTATION

STEALING

And there is definitely a STANDARD WHICH ALL HUMANS ON EARTH SHOULD FOLLOW, NO MATTER WHAT RELIGIOUS BELIEFS THEY HAVE:

Love your Neighbor as Yourself

• Farkel
    Farkel

: As far as I can see most JW's no worse than anyone else on this planet.

Wanna debate this?

I would like to play. It's up to you. Bring some logic, a big catcher's glove and a lot of honesty. Otherwise, you will get creamed. Promise.

Farkel

• sleepy
    sleepy

Yes I can play Farky.

6,000,000 Jw's.

1,000,000,000 moslems.

50,000,000 million abortions every year , not saying thats right or wrong up to you.

40,000 die from malnutrition every day, whos fault?

100,000,000 killed in war in last century.

World being destroyedd ue to pollution , according to some , whos fault?

Wars , famines , crime, hating of neighbour , adultury effect us all.

Basically the entire human race when taken as a whole does things I disagree with , and are potentialy dangerous to me , they do not all effect me on a pearsonal level, some will some wont, some I may even have a part in.

Most jw's are trying to lead a lifestyle they believe is right , but that can cause harm to others if taken too far.Most westerners are leading a lifestyle that has the potential to destroy the earth.

Jw's do bad things , but as far as I can see so do a lot of other people , JW's are not a major threat to the earth or the survival of mankind .

But they have had a big impact on our lives , so we focus on them.

Hell my school failed me I didn't need JW's to do that.Who was worse my school for not giving me an education or the society for not encouraging me?

We , all humans do things that harm others , sometimes we call them our rights sometimes they are other peoples wrongs.

Jw's are in my opinion wrong and harmful but so are a lot of other things.But Jw's aren't doing anything oustandingly harmful (at the moment ) to the earth and human race that many others arent doing worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit