Im ready to leave

by SpunkedTeen 35 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkedTeen
    SpunkedTeen
    I just found this website and im so glad because for the first time in a long time i dont feel alone...I am a born in and in the last two years have been struggling because i thought that i was the problem and i was the reason for not feeling any love from and for the other pubs .I want to leave the org but have no idea how to tell my mother(who is a faithful jw).
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Welcome!
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Don't worry. You are not alone. And, welcome...
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

SpunkedTeen

You are NOT alone. I felt the same way when I first left. When you read some of the posts on here it makes you realize that it's NOT you. Others have been treated as bad as you have. The love from the JW's is conditional (you do the JW tasks and we will love you). You have to do what is best for you.

My mate and I are both born ins and have been fading for the past 3 years.

How do you think your Mom would handle the news? Do you still live at home and financially rely on her? You name sounds like you are young.

Keep reading, learning and most importantly thinking.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome! It depends on how old you at and if you are financially dependent on your mother. If you are an adult and on your own you can be a bit more direct obviously.

If it were me I would say that although you appreciate all that she has done to raise you right, you simply do not share her belief in this religion. Tell her that she raised you to be honest and you cannot live a lie. You have prayed about it and looked for answers in the publications, but there is just no way you can close your eyes to the facts anymore. You should assure her that you still love her and do not want to live a life of sin, but that you will not ever be a Jehovah's Witness.

I am sure this will be very difficult, but it's much better to be open and honest about your beliefs and not try to hide it from her. She will be disappointed, but she will just have to adjust and accept that you are an individual and have to make your own way inlige, just as all parents have to accept the decision made by their adult children.

• Ding
    Ding
    Welcome!
  • Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Great advice. Welcome. You are among those fortunate enough to have figured this out at an early age. Agree that you should keep reading and discovering for yourself all the while maintaining your respectful attitude to your mum - no matter what.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome. Are you baptised?
  • antes8080
    antes8080

Welcome,

If you still depend on your parents for financial reasons hang on till you can make it on your own.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome! You're definitely not alone. If you feel comfortable sharing a little more of your situation I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions on different paths you could take.

It may not feel like it, but you're lucky to be waking up while you're (I assume) still in your teens. You've got your whole life ahead of you and there's so much time to start over. Congrats on having the self-confidence to break free from a cult (at least mentally, which I think is the hardest part) at such a young age. It's probably going to be a long journey, but you've taken the first step and in the end you'll find that life is so much more wonderful than it ever could be as a closed-minded cult member.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit