Video of the march ...

by Simon 17 Replies latest jw friends

• qwerty
    qwerty

Thanks Simon or "Good Job"! should that be, as the Amercans say.

Qwerty

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Simon!!

Thanks for posting this...I just watched the video and WOW did it bring it all back for me! I cannot describe how empowering it was to be a part of this, how stirring it was for me to finally DO something.

Couple of things if anyone is interested...at the end of the video, where Barbara Anderson is talking to the guy at the front gate, the first man that the cop makes leave is Salud and then Joe Anderson. On the video, we can't hear what Barbara is saying to the guy but she gave him an EARFUL...hopefully, if nothing else, it made him go upstairs and ask JR a few questions

Closer to the beginning of the video, when we're still in the park, there's a shot where I'm talking to one of my favorite people...OUTNFREE!! Also, as the march started, you can see a guy with a beard and wearing a backpack, and if memory serves, that is Michael3000.

Thanks again Si

Dana

• zev
    zev

hi dana

i have some thoughts to share.

first, i was the one behind the camera, so thats why you cant see me.

at the end of that video i was taking when barbara was talking to that guy, the dub, i could not get close enough to catch the sound.

but what i did notice, was his face, his expressions, and the one fact that could not escape my notice.

He could not look her in the eye!!!

i played the two clips for Gwen, as she wasn't there when this was happening, and i pointed this out to her.

you can see him look everywhere but at barbara.

i also pointed this out to my mom and dad when i showed the pictures of the march to them when i went to see my mom in the hospital. i brought my laptop with me and told a brief story of those i could remember as i went along.

pictures speak louder than words at times, and so do actions.

that was very apparent in that video.

it was so nice to meet you dana!

Edited by - zev on 1 October 2002 9:46:0

• Mulan
    Mulan

The man Barbara was talking to sure looked A LOT like J.R. Brown.

Thanks, Simon. Good job.

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

Hi Simon,

I Have broadband and would like to have access to the ftp site. I tried emailing you but it was denied. Whazz-up with that?

ATC

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Awwww (((Zev))) It was really great to meet you and Gwen; you guys have like the perfect love story! And the video was shot by you?? Great job!

As for Barb, she told me later some of what she said to that guy; it was all calculated to make him wonder about a few things, and hopefully to make him ask the lovely Mr. Brown a few hard questions. Did it work? We may never know, but yeah, it would have been nice to hear exactly what she said. That is one TOUGH lady!

Dana

• abbagail
    abbagail

Anybody up at this hour?? Is this video in Windows Media Player? I'm getting an error window saying, "The playlist format is not recognized." Bummer! I wanna do like Dana -- watch the video and re-live the joy of being in NY!

BooHoo!
    Grits

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey (((Grits)))

Sorry, I wasn't up then, I was sleeping the sleep of the innocent (Yeah, right! LOL) I'm no help tho, but I was thinking if you don't get a response, maybe you should start a thread about it so people who can help will see it. Just a thought. I hope you get it worked out, it was great to watch!

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit