Wait until you hear this

by jeannie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jeannie
    jeannie

I called info today and asked for the number for the WT in Brooklyn...and sure enough..the info operator said they are no longer listed..she thought it was very strange since she gave out this number many times..and Cynthia also told me they arent on the Internet either....Anyway this is me (cosurvivor) jeannie..I am pooped!!! What a week...The MArch was great..the people wonderful...the new friendships amazing...Larry thanks so much for the pix and for helping me get the permits...I had a great time at the hotel and didnt want to leave..I loved hooking up with Ericka and her mom..Laurie..Cynthia..Pat..Sherry..and of course the Anderson, Pandellos and the Bowens...Received a call over the weekend while I was away..(left the day after the March) one of the supporters and mother of a survivor..was visited by the elders here in NY..I will have to call her tonight since she is working now..WIll let you all know what happened...To all the girls and TTboy..and others..I miss you all !!! Gutsy..we really hit it off didnt we? Ericka.."meow" LMAO...talk to you later ..love ya jeannie

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Jeannie,

Your information about not being able to get a listing for the phone number of the WTBTS does not surprise me.

Although we haven't gotten much direct news coverage, they are running for cover. They are withdrawing into their caccoon.

Maybe the head honchos have all packed their bags and caught a plane to the islands to retire in the only semblance of a Paradise they might ever see.

Sentinel/Karen

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I guess the WT is afraid of giving out their number now, for fear of getting harrassing calls from people in general and from the media. Its called paranoia. They are I believe really scared of the apostates. And I bet they feel the persecution against them has started full scale. I guess since 9-11 they fear terrorist activity from an unknown source. I mean stop and think about if they are being bombarded full scale now for there lies and coverups. They must be freaking out especially when they know its true.

Orangefatcat.

• sf
    sf

'THRILL KILL KULT', still up:

• Inkie
    Inkie

The last time I called them it was at: 1-718-625-3600. I guess it might just be unlisted now from what I've read here. But, then again, maybe it's disconnected. Who knows?

Inkie

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is very interesting news! Thanks for posting it!

By the way, here is a list of Bethel Phone Numbers that I put together about 2 months ago (they may have changed since then!):

718-560-5600 (Media Number) (Listed on the Official WTS Media Website)

718-560-5000 (Public Number) (Listed on Official WTS Media Website)

845-306-1100 (Patterson, New York Number) (Listed on Official WTS Media Website)

718-560-5101 (J.R. Brown, Watchtower's Main Spokesmans Number) (Listed on Official WTS Media Website)

1-866-388-2222 (Toll-Free Public Phone Number from their New TV Commercial) (Listed on Official WTS Media Website)

718-625-3600 (From Yahoo Yellow Pages)

516-481-2865 (From Yahoo Yellow Pages)

845-744-6000 (Bethel Farms) (From Yahoo Yellow Pages)

973-696-6777 (From Yahoo Yellow Pages)

215-389-2923 (From Yahoo Yellow Pages)

718-560-5333 (Joel Gott's Number, the person who registered the Official Website's Domain Name) (From a Domain Name Registering Website)

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi again Jeannie!!! That really is VERY interesting. It actually costs $$ to have a phone number UNlisted with Information, so they must have decided it was worth paying for. It does seem a little odd, however, unless they all packed up over the weekend and moved to Patterson!

I was going to suggest that Undisfellowshipped could help us with this, and I even posted a note to him on one of his other threads about providing these phone numbers (I couldn't find them), but I see he has already made his appearance here! THANKS UNDF'd! And from your thread of "Secret BOE" letters I got these numbers as well, FYI: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=37162&site=3

WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC.
    25 COLUMBIA HEIGHTS, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11201-2483
    USA PHONE (718) 625-3800 - 1997 letter - (maybe the #8 is a typo?)
    USA PHONE (718) 625-3600 - earlier '90's letter - (most all letters had this #)
    PHONE (718) 560-5000 - From a SAMPLE FORM LETTER from 2000 that the Watchtower Society sends out to Elders when someone is found guilty of molesting a child.

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses
    2528 Route 22 Patterson NY 12563-2237
    2821 Route 22, Patterson, NY 12563-2237 - (maybe the 21 is a typo?)
    Phone: (845) 306-1100

There were also addresses/phones for Canadian & UK branches if ever needed!

--------------
    BTW, keep this link for future research. It's all threads started by Undf'd. They come in very handy!
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/userthreads.asp?id=7559&site=3
    ---------------

Jeannie, that's a shame the elders decide to pay a visit to the sister who was at the March, and spoil the good feelings she must be having because of having participated in the March. I hope she is okay, and please keep us informed.

Yes, talk about pooped! You really GOTTA be pooped.
    I wish we could do it again and again! It was so much fun and so awe-inspiring to be at the March!

Love ya/GRITS

• Prisca
    Prisca

How did the elders know the sister was in the Silentlambs March??

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Prisca: The March was on the news that evening. It was on CNN (we missed that, but others saw it). We saw it on the 10 pm news on local NY WB Channel #11; and then we saw it again at 11 pm on UNI (the Spanish channel, I forget the channel #). Erika and her Mom, Alejandra (sp?) translated that newscast for us. Both the newscasts we saw had GREAT film and clips of what the lambs were saying, etc. We were hoping someone in NY would have videotaped those newscasts on their VCRs. Anyone???

Grits
    PS: I do not know if that is how the elders knew (by seeing her on TV). I am just guessing that MAY BE one way they knew... (?)

Edited by - Grits on 30 September 2002 20:21:53

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Undisfellowshipped,

I tried to call the 215 number with no success. My phone number is blocked from caller ID and they would not take the call unless I unblocked it, which I didn't do.

Just a word of caution that they have Caller ID and can identify the caller.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit