Update on me...

by Mimilly 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Gosh I miss this place. First week of my new job has left me only time to quickly peruse the board and the exciting news of the Silentlambs march.

My reason for posting presently is that as of Tuesday, I will be without a phone and internet service. For those who know me, you'll remember that I have gone to 'war' with the phone monopoly here and refuse to heed their unbending demands. Since 100.00 isn't enough for them, they will now get whatever I 'feel' like paying. (and no, my bill is not high)

For those who don't know me - I went through a very bad time and during such, this company, MTT Aliant, disconnected me three times in one week, even though I had paid the buggars 200.00. Each time I called I was interrogated Borg style. That started when they merged with Aliant. If that wasn't bad enough, each person I spoke to had no clue as to what was going on (which explains the repeated interrogations) and although each rep said they were putting notes on my account, the next person said no such thing was there. I'd had enough, especially after I'd found out that this was happening all over the place here. Finally I said, "What exactly do YOU want to hear?" to which the rep said, "That a payment of XXX.XX be made on such n such a date", to which I parrotted "Fine, XXX.XX will be made on such n such a date". They can, as of now, bite my tiny hiney

There is competition in town! Eastlink is putting up phone lines in my area as I speak and I will go to them. On Monday I will call to at least set up cable internet and cable tv, and when the lines are a go - I'll get a new number that I'll be emailing to those that already have my info. I will also get a new email addy and I'll just post that here.

Work - It's GREAT! I'll be handling the cellphone info for ATT wireless for USA accounts. It feels so wonderful to be off social assistance. My girls and I basically communicate by notes left by the computer each day. (hey, no sense feeding the dogs three times a day) But I love learning and the people there are very diverse and wonderful. Every Friday we plan to go to the pub nearby. I backed out this past Friday due to a nasty head cold that went through the class like a stadium viral wave. To miss one day of the five week training is to miss one too many. (who sat up all night and dreamed up all the ifs ands ors and buts to the american cellular network?) Geez! [8&>]

After three more weeks I start the transition to night shift, which I am looking forward to. It will be at that time I'll be back here with my family Night shift runs anywhere from 3:30pm - 3:30am. Since I normally fall asleep at dawn, it's perfect.

My brain has been very 'noisy' with all the change in my life. Even postive change brings its own stress. Mom is still doing the head game thing, threatening to take the house from me - but so what. I'll move. (just not now!) lol.

- I miss all of you so very much. For those who went to the march - bravo! I was there in spirit and I thank you for marching for those who could not make it to that history making event.

- For those who were in the area that hurricane Isadore hit - I worried about you and I hope that all are safe and accounted for.

- For those suffering depression, isolation, borganite brain bubbles (the pull to go back), illnesses, loss - I'm thinking of you - and yes, I really do. While I haven't been posting - I have been reading.

Hopefully, I'll have internet service early this week and phone service not long after that.

Love y'all - huge hugs n kisses alla round

Mimilly/Salem

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Glad to hear from you (((Salem)))

sorry to hear your problems still need to be worked through, but it sounds like you're lining up some good action in response.

I can't wait to hear more about your job. Let us know how that is.

Hugs,

j2bf

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Salem, good to hear things are turning around for you. I hope you get the phone/internet thing straightened out. Having raised girls through teen years, it will be rough on them without a phone.

Lew W

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

woohoo good to see you come back soon

Missed ya (((mim)))

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Mim,

You know what?

The good thing is, no matter where you go, we will always be right here. You know where to find us.

This forum connects each of us in a very unique way. And these are the ties that bind our hearts as one.

Take care of yourself. Change is good, but there is always the adjustment period. Just takes a bit of time.

Sounds like you will be just fine!

Love and Light,

Sentinel/Karen

• ugg
    ugg

i was wondering how it was going with the new job...i am very happy for you... it seems there

are always headaches in the real world..(phone company ect.) hang in there,,,you seem to have some great spirit in you...WAY TO GO!!

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Lew - it really is painful to watch a teenager in phone withdrawals! My oldest has a cell phone so she won't be affected, but Shelene is connected to her teenage umbilical cord and of course - the internet. At least our internet connections won't be thwarted for long. Both my girls work, so it won't be so bad. (I do get a few giggles out of it though) And oh the silence! It's sweet, and even the girls end up appreciating it - especially when the darn thing starts ringing in the middle of the night.

Sentinel - You are so right. There is at least part of my heart at peace due to this forum and the knowledge that all I need to do is find a computer, which isn't difficult, to access 'da love'.

We have two kittens now, one for each daughter. They are a sweet diversion - and definitely will help shelene in her phone DTs. lol

Shucks - didn't know I was missed with all the excitement going on! I won't be gone long, and am looking forward to being in chat and getting to know the new ones as well as catching up with those daily carried in my heart.

I'm going to seriously slurp some hot chicken noodle soup then hang laundry out and after that, bath both dogs. It's a 'to do' day. I'm enjoying being on the go. I think I'm still in a bit of shock over getting this job. Ah, but such sweet shock it is.

hugs and kisses again

Mimilly/Salem

• Xandria
    Xandria

Ohhh Mim:

It sounds like you are getting the worst customer service possible. My suggestion to you is to write a letter of complaint to the Operations Director. I would take it up the ladder. If you get to a person in Administration nine times out of ten you will get results. I used to work with Cingular Wireless and the ONE THING THEY HATE!! is when a call is esculated.

I remember one instance when the call went to from the representative straight to the CEO!!! it did not go through the chain of "command". OMG did the doo doo hit the fan.

Unfortunately, many representatives take this hard nose approach due to the fact that the companies are strict on credits. The more credit that is given out the more it can effect your bonus. So if a representative acts like you are taking money from them .. that is why. They tend to forget that sometimes credits are actually correct to be dealt out especially if the mistake is ours. They tend to forget that they are human and mistakes do happen.

A good representative will wiegh the customer's valued patronage against the issue. Is really worth the 25.00 and the bad feelings ? To losing a customer's $ all together.

I remember one older lady who had 3000.xx bill her grandson ran up. I credited what I could, and worked out a reasonable payment plan that will catch her up in the end. Some place customers into a plan that will keep the customer in hock.

Remember this under the fair debt act they cannot intimidate to collect upon a debt. An if they do cross the line the company can be sued. I never forget one case in particular where the representative stated to the customer that if she paid her bills she would not be in this position. You cannot besmirch someone's dignity just to collect on a bill. Not only is it unethical it is against the law.

They cannot threaten, cajole or intimidate. They cannot lie to you and say you will be placed on a list, they cannot send you a postcard bill, due to the lack of privacy. They cannot speak to anyone the debtor doesn't give permission to speak to, b/c sometimes Aunt Edna answers the phone. It is none of her business that you are behind on XYZ . Or a child to feel uncomfortable or threatened b/c a collector spilled the beans. They cannot put rude comments on the notes of an account. Reason being those notes can be summoned if a issue goes to court and if there is something slanderous written the company can be sued and fined. So keep this in mind when dealing with companies. They cannot treat the customer any way they wish too.

First of all, you don't know what is going on in a person's life. Treat them as you would want to be treated. One person, told a woman to pay her mortgage by any means necessary and eluded that she should strap a matress on her back to earn that $$$.. needless to say the representative was let go. But the potential was there for a lawsuit against the company. Anyway I wish you success in your endevors.

Sincerely,

Xandria

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((((((((((Salem)))))))))))))

Miss you! Congrats again on the new job and come back soon!!!

XW

• Francois
    Francois

Come back soon? That implies you're going to be gone. Waaaaaaaaaah! You can't do that. Only a couple of days to straighten out the phone company.

One way you can try it is to call customer service. They won't handle it like you want them to, so you ask to speak to a supervisor. If the supervisor can't handle it, as to speak to their supervisor. Repeat this process until your problem is fixed. And when you get to the person who says, "I'm as high as you can go. No more supervisors." You say,"EVERYBODY has a boss. Who is yours, buster, I'll be talking to your boss in ten minutes." Really works.

Starting at the top and working down works too.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit