Update on me...

by Mimilly 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Mim, I can relate to the phone ringing in the middle of the night. There used to be a resturant near me that had a phone number one digit off from mine. Nothing like being woke up at 2 A.M. by the phone and hearing, "may I speak to Juan in the Kitchen?"

I went to dinner there one night and told them they owed me a free dinner for taking all their calls.

Didn't work, I still had to pay.

Lew W

Edited by - DakotaRed on 29 September 2002 14:33:59

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Gosh! Again - !!!

There's no talking to this phone company. They will, however, get a diplomatically written letter explaining exactly why they have permanently lost my business. And before tomorrow is through, I'll contact someone in authority and verbally explain it. They disconnected me when I was going through a suicidal period, and even though they knew this, they put on the icy 'nananana i don't hear you' voice and clipped my service or continued their barrage of 'if you paid your bill this wouldn't be taking place' bullcrap. Interesting point being that I DID pay it. I will not put myself through their abuse ever again. I'm excellent at writing scathing letters without sounding like a lunatic. And someone way up in the company is gonna get one

My internet will be hooked up with THE competition sometime this week. I'll not be 'gone' long.

So far, soup is slurped, laundry hung out, pets bathed..... I'll just make my bed and then I'm done, except to get myself ready for tomorrow.

hugs n alla round,

Mimilly

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I highly suggest you go to www.fcc.gov and file a complaint, when they get a complaint they have to address the issue, trust me on this, I fought with Qwest, and well I got a really friendly higher up, that bent over backwards to resolve the fcc complaint. ;)

• Matty
    Matty

Hey Mim!

My phone company, NTL, stink too, but like you, there is little competition where I am.

There are quite a few websites dedicated to their supreme incompetence and this is one:

http://www.nthellworld.com/hell/

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Trauma_Hound - That's for American issues. There has to be a Canadian equivilent though - and I'll go looking for it. Thanks

Matty - At least there is finally competition here. I suspect MTTAliant will lose an enormous amount of customers over this - which in turn leads to layoffs. As I said, I'm not the only one going through this with them.

hugs n stuff,

Mimilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit