Shouldn't Ted Jaracz Resign?

by HoChiMin 21 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Ted Jaracz should resign so as not stumble any other faithful Witnesses.

At least:

According to WT rules Ted Jaracz should be removed from all appointed duties if an accusation of "rape and molestation" is brought against him.

IT should be demanded of him!

HCM

• Lin
    Lin

Arrested, handcuffed and shackled would be a real clear sign to the dubs that silentlambs are serious and we won't go away! If the accusation against him personally is true, he should be df'd too. Lambs are roarin!!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

HCM ...

Is this true? ..... He has to resign?

I don't know .... last time I checked this is an "ends justifies the means" type of corporation. Their rules change extremely fast and so does their doctrine.

Yes, resigning, from an ethical point of view, would be the wisest thing to do. Resign, then sue her for slander or face his charges in a court of law both civilly as well as criminally to prove his innocence. But, would it happen? This guy is typical of most who lead corporations - they like power over people and money. There is no way a person like this would give up power and would likely fight the accusation from his corporate office. Just ask Clinton.

I would be interested to see what happens now within Bethel since the accusation has been leveled. I suspect this could defintely get "thinking" people thinking. Other ruthless people, with power in the organization and who want more power, would also attempt to use this to try and take his power away. This could really be a wild ride for the leadership - both the directors and officers of the variety of JW corporations as well as the Governing Body members ... I have observed this before in other corporations and governmental organizations ... it ain't pretty let me tell you.

One thing is for sure. Even though this march did not get much nation wide press play, it probably will have a lasting effect. And if this lady launches a suit or a criminal investigation is launched which leads to charges, this will no doubt turn the heat on him and his power.

I still can't get over this. Oh man !!! If this actually goes somewhere .... oh wow .... it might actually bring some serious change to the child abuse policy with all of the other stuff going on.

hawk

• onacruse
    onacruse

1 Tim. 3:2 states that an elder should be "irreprehensible (Gk. anepileptos)." As Trench says, anepileptos means "...affording nothing which an adversary could take hold of, on which he might ground a charge..."

This is not the same as 1 Tim. 5:19 "Do not admit an accusation (Gk. kategoria) against an older man, except on the evidence of two or three witnesses." Vine comments kategoria has "...chiefly to do with judicial procedure..."

Well, a charge has been publicly made, and, according to 1 Tim 3:2, Jarazc should step aside until this matter is cleared. OTOH, according to 1 Tim 5:19, he deserves the right of "innocent until proven guilty."

Craig

• patio34
    patio34

Do elders have to resign who are charged with being a pedophile?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hawk,

Can you mail me a.s.a.p.

HS

• minimus
    minimus

If a congregational elder were under a cloud of suspicion and accusations that became public, that elder would be given as little exposure as possible so as to not "stumble" anyone. There are plenty of articles saying that a Christian would forgo any "right" that he has for the sake of the good news. Even the Catholic Church puts priests on leave and suspends them of their duties when an allegation is made.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hi H_S

Damn ..... there is absolutely no way I can Email you until tomorrow at about oh ....8:00 am (eastern daylights savings time). I am posting more than I usually do on the weekend but no email.

Sorry but I can only use this board today - long story and I am about to leave until late tonight.

But I will defintely get in touch with you tomorrow - hope you don't mind. If I remember you do have my Email so feel free to drop me a note and I can respond tomorrow.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 29 September 2002 12:57:17

• IronGland
    IronGland

Can someone tell me what he did?

• Farkel
    Farkel

hawk,

: Yes, resigning, from an ethical point of view, would be the wisest thing to do.

Jaracz doesn't have any ethics and so ethics will have nothing to do with whether he resigns or not. There are a lot of people with axes to grind against Jaracz, and I'm willing to assert that the public charge of child-rape that's been made would give them a handy excuse to get rid of him. That is, of course, unless those people are also child abusers and Jaracz has some dirt on them. Hell, the organization is so thoroughly corrupt that anything is possible.

Although the audio of Jaracz's accuser was hard to hear clearly, I believe she also mentioned that her abuse by Jaracz was witnessed. This is going to be some ride for the Watchtower Printing Corporation!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit