What is wrong with a christian maturbating?

by evangelist 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• evangelist
    evangelist

Autoerotism" literally means self-love or erotic love of oneself. It is another term that fittingly applies to masturbation, for the persistent practice causes a person's thoughts to be turned inward so that he becomes self-centered and selfish, with problems in trying to relate himself to others. For this reason some psychologists have labeled self-gratifying masturbation as narcissism, after the Greek mythological god Narcissus, who fell in love with his own image, to his destruction.

[...]

'But won't suppressing sexual emotions damage my personality and wreck my nervous system?' someone may ask. Answers the book Why Wait Till Marriage?: "There is no evidence that self-control hurts your sex life. . . . It is the fellow or the girl who goes around with his emotions all unbuttoned who is in the greatest danger. The self-controlled person can bear to wait." And this is no great problem if one has God's spirit, for the fruitage of the spirit includes "self-control." With self-control the Christian can avoid all forms of self-abuse, and in turn reap many dividends-mental, emotional and spiritual benefits that are far more satisfying than the death-dealing "works of the flesh." -Gal. 5:19-23.

But how does this habit that bothers the conscience of so many people ever get a hold on them in the first place?

ex life. . . . It is the fellow or the girl who goes around with his emotions all unbuttoned who is in the greatest danger. The self-controlled person can bear to wait." And this is no great problem if one has God's spirit, for the fruitage of the spirit includes "self-control." With self-control the Christian can avoid all forms of self-abuse, and in turn reap many dividends-mental, emotional and spiritual benefits that are far more satisfying than the death-dealing "works of the flesh." -Gal. 5:19-23.

But how does this habit that bothers the conscience of so many people ever get a hold on them in the first place?

I think this is the reason in whole that people maturbate is because of thier own sex lustful desire, and me myself and I attitude, and my flesh satification.

We need to let our flesh be bureid in Christ , and on the cross, but sometimes we take back some of our filthy flesh again and use it for maturbation.

We just don`t keep masturbation under the rug, but we really us it to keep our sins in a legal mode.

God bless

Edited by - Evangelist on 10 October 2002 17:4:5

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I am shocked!!!!!! I was told when I was a girl that this would make you Blind! humpty backed!

pimpled face! & Ugly.... I know thats true because My MUM told me that.....(.1942)

Where did I put that white cane???If Only I could staighten my back up!!!I could walk better!

I wish I wasnt so ugly!! & I cant help it if I have a rash on my face can I.......

Grace.....

• teejay
    teejay

Other than going blind, I can... (*ahem*) SEE anything wrong with it. harhar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit