Do You Believe Any of "The Truth"?

by XBEHERE 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

hi,,,and welcome to the board.....hang in there,,,,everybody here understands your position....

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sure X, like "science and religion agree" and "all races are equal". The only problem was they want to re-define what science is to match with their preconceived notions and dogma. Unfortuantely, their professed beliefs about race are as hypocritical as any group I've seen. They just refuse to recognize their own imperfections that are typical of groups that fall under the BIG "C" word.

caveman

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Great to have you here , X. I have no clue as to what I believe anymore about anything from the Bible to what any religion teaches. I guess that is telling me to work on myself some more and then try for the deeper things. But it does cross my mind everyday and I get irritated and have to do something eles.

When I first left , I still believed alot, I had just begun my research . But now I am totally confused about everything, even the realiability of the Bible, is there a God, where do we go, if anywhere when we die.

But when I see on the news all religious groups shooting each other in the head for thier own personal religious convictions , I am blown away by the mass confussion. Everyone thinks their religion is the only one that is right.

If can narrow it down to what I believe right now it would be: If there is a God he loves all man, no matter what color, what part of the world they are in, or even who they think God is. I think God will look at is at least they sense that they have a Higher Being, what ever name they call me,or whatever power they think I am. He will look at us as confused little children and read our hearts and understand we have no clue and no way of knowing 100% how to serve him.

But if not, well ,I guess I will see when I die, or I will not see. I just have to accept that I will never know the whole truth about the whole matter.

Being a JW we thought we knew everything. How stupid looking back now, that seems to me. No wonder people made fun of us.

I just hope there is a God and I will try and have some faith. Maybe in the years to come, I will find a comfortable spiritual place to be.

But I think the mainstream things the JW teach, like love your neighbor etc. basic Christ teachings, are like other religions. THey are good points, and good ways to live your life. All the other rules and restrictions are horsecrap.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

XBEHERE,

While I do not believe in the trinity, I have come to realize that the WT does not understand the nature of Christ and His role in the Kingdom. Once you get beyond Trinity, Hellfire, and Immortal Soul practiacally everything the WT teaches is wrong. They do not understand the Kingdom, Salvation, Justification, Immortality, Gentile Times, Peace and Security, House to house, Women and their role in the Faith, Blood, Passover, Faithful/Evil slave and many other details of importance. You can get some idea of how bad it is by simply downloading our book on my web page.

Joseph

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hey, LB...

You are wrong. We can shun or get shunned over disagreements on this Forum.

Remember, Simon added an "Ignore" feature! LOL!

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I suggest you read Greg Staffords Books. It will help you without necessarily shaking your

faith in Jehovah or his Son. These are excellent books for liberal Witnesses

• LB
    LB

You are wrong. We can shun or get shunned over disagreements on this Forum.

Remember, Simon added an "Ignore" feature! LOL!

At least someone is reading my messages, thank you

• Mulan
    Mulan

When I first left, I thought they had "the basics" correct. Now I think they have very little right. Maybe the Trinity view is right, but who cares?

For me, if they have some things wrong, then the whole pot is contaminated. They have many things wrong, in my opinion. (or at least their view is twisted) Again, I don't care, as long as they don't try to make me believe it. So far they are leaving us alone. Whew!

• Francois
    Francois

I think the ONLY thing they ever got right is that there is no burning hell. How they ever got that right when at the same time they believe in that savage, predatory, anthropomorphic tribal God they've got beats me all to hell and back.

francois

• bigred
    bigred

This my first post. I'm Mulan's husband. I served as an elder for twentyfive years. I have enjoyed many of the posts Mulan has shared with me, and I felt compeled to respond to your question. Do the witnesses have any truth? Yes and no. While many of the teachings of JWs are provable, if you believe the Bible as a source, they are either so oversimplified or misconstrued by their convoluted system of proofs, they are of little value to a Bible student. It seems that every teaching has some ulterior motive, that is since this is true so then this is true. I would give you examples if you want them.

First and foremost is that the Bible is written in context for simple folk like you and me to read and get a glimpse of God and his goodness. It's not a manual to flip back and forth through to validate our own interpretations. To isolate scriptures that focus on your ideas is to ignore the context and obscure what is really being said. For example, marshaling numerous scriptures to disprove a doctrine such as the trinity does not help one to come to know God does it? The same is true for soul, hell and most any other you might name. Rather to read the scriptures in their context and ask yourself, what is being said, who is being addressed, why is this included in scripture and possibly what do these people commonly believe is so much more beneficial if we are seeking the truths revealed by scripture.

My answer might seem generic and it is but at the same time it addresses the question: how deeply will you go for the truth? So many witnesses I have known either want simple answers to their questions or simply trust the judgement of others. That is, I don't know the answer but I know people who do and I think they are really smart. Which is how witnesses basically view the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit