Do You Believe Any of "The Truth"?

by XBEHERE 47 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

XBEHERE,

I want to say WELCOME!

I will definitely post on this Thread as soon as I can, and let you (and everyone else) know what my beliefs are.

I am very happy that you are reading and Posting on this Website.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Hi XBE!

To answer your question, I would say that I certainly believe those precepts which are well...Biblical. I believe the "truth" is in the Bible, not so much in what a specific religion dictates as "TRUTH" (TM). Sure, I believe some of what I was told...as in all Christian and most other religions, people are taught to LOVE their neighbors, don't steal other people's belongings (unloving), etc. What I was told (because so and so says so) and what I have learned (from study) are two different creatures. I would ask do YOU believe what you have been told vs what you have learned? ... Notice I don't use the term "taught".

As for the comments about the Mosaic Law ... all scripture is inspired and beneficial...I do not recall Paul saying it was mandatory and absolute to follow the Mosaic Law, in fact he constantly asserted the opposite. LOVE was the only Law.

Love doesn't allow for a parent to indulge their sexual fantasies on their own children nor someone else's children. Love also does not allow for anyone to accept this disgusting and unloving predatory behaior. I really can't see how JWs have been so confused over Sexual Child Abuse....is it not "fornication", "uncleaness", true "loose conduct"", and "idolatry"? (love of selfish sicko desires)....and for the married folks, adultry? What seems to be the problem in dealing with these foul dirtballs involved in works of the flesh, are these not serious violations of the Law of Love?

"A little leaven spoils the whole loaf"...well, there are lumps, moss, and mold all over the JW breadmill. Too bad the GB won't let people follow the simplistic laws of love....its a shame.

Edited by - Lieu on 27 September 2002 6:27:58

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Thanks all of you for your replies. Big Red especially thank you. 25 yrs as an elder... you remind me of my father, though tack on another 6 yrs to that and still going strong in the "truth". Your post made a lot of sense. I would like some examples of what you said if you do have the time just so I can follow your reasoning better.

I think you have it right though. Most just want to trust that someone else (GB) has it right so they dont have to think about it. For me now I am at a loss as to what to do. I am starting to really doubt the whole arrangement but its the love of my family that keeps me going to the meetings, out in service (though I often resort to 1/2 pushing the doorbell so it doesn't ring). Its sad really.

• rocky220
    rocky220

I never had any problem seeking "The Truth".....it's the Wt's obsession with CONTROL over every aspects of a members life, is what I have a BIG problem with and since this CONTROL is not Biblically based, it became something "OTHER" than the "TRUTH"...............rocky220

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I agree with Jehovah's Witnesses when they say that all other religions are false.

I disagree with them when they say that there is something different about their religion.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Really enjoyed this thread!

Welcome Bigred...nice to have an entire family posting.

I just hope my daughter's are reading this.

Danny

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

XBHERE,

I'm currently an MS in my congregation, and I've been in the situation you are now in for some time. I think the ideals of the JWs are attractive, but I find the lack of willingness on the part of most JWs to think for themselves appalling. It makes no sense that God would provide all humans with the same potential for reasoning power and intelligence while expecting them not to use it in favor of following the biblical interpretations of 12 men.

I too find the organization's handling of child molestation scandal sickening. It would have been so much simpler and effective if they publicly admitted the problem and made a firm committment to change policy so that abuse victims would be protected and cared for. I would think a reaction such as that would do far more for their reputation *and* the membership than their flimsy excuses and idiotic attempts to cover things up.

When you think about it, the general public pays little attention to JWs anyway. It is likely that child abuse scandals will fade from the minds of outsiders quickly. Why then, is the WTS so desperately struggling to clear their public image? In doing this, they add to the scars of the victims and their family members and contribute to unthinkable emotional, psychological, and spiritual trauma for the innocent.

Anyway, it's nice to see someone in the same boat as me. E-Mail me anytime.

Edited by - AvailableLight on 27 September 2002 11:33:26

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here are the things I believe in, which the Watchtower Society also taught:

That the Bible is the Word of God (How many "Christian" Religions do not teach this?).

That we should follow Jesus Christ.

That we should worship God.

That we should pray to God.

That we should love one another and love God.

My question is, what Religion that claims to be "Christian" does not at least SAY that you should do these things?

But, Jesus Christ said that you will know HIS FOLLOWERS by their FRUITS (their conduct).

He said that HIS FOLLOWERS would have TRUE LOVE among themselves, so strong that they would die for their Brothers and Sisters.

I do not see this love in the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Jehovah's Witnesses' "love" is completely conditional -- if you leave the Religion, or get Disfellowshipped, their "love" immediately STOPS, and the SATANIC HATE and the SHUNNING begin.

I believe that the Jehovah's Witnesses are today's version of the Pharisees -- extreme hypocrites.

There are a lot of good people who are tricked into believing that you can only know God through the Governing Body.

However, I think most of the good people will leave soon, once the News starts spreading around the world about their Pedophile-Protection Policy, and their Rape Policy (requiring women to SCREAM and fight off the rapist, even if the rapist has a Gun or knife), and their horribly confusing and UN-Biblical Blood Policy (allowing some Blood Parts, but not others), and their Secret 10-Year Affair with the United Nations.

Jesus Christ said that HE ALONE was the ONLY WAY to the Father, where did He mention the Governing Body?

Jesus Christ said that HE ALONE was THE TRUTH.

The Bible says we are to follow GOD ONLY, and NOT MEN!

I will definitely post more of my beliefs here soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit