Question to All!

by Cricket 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Cricket
    Cricket

I am confused about this board, could someone please clarify?

Is this board for current active JW's or for former JW's?

From posts that I have read there is a very negative attitude.

Please help!

Thanks,
    Cricket

• bigboi
    bigboi

Hey Cricket,

Here at j-w.com you'll find all types of ppl with a lot of differing opinions and views. I think I'm being truthful when I say that most of us here are former jws. however we welcome any jws who come and want to chat and we respect your views and your choice to live the way you like, just do the same for us

Thanx,
    bigboi

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Cricket,

We confuse ourselves sometimes. There are a variety of persons here, jw's, xjw's, persons who have studied with jw's. Not all jw's are active, (I'm a jw inactive but in good standing). I would think by the responses that there is a decently even ratio between jw/xjw's.

As for the negativitiy - we really talk. When that happens, and we can quote our sources with appropriate page, paragraph number, we all learn. That's one of the prime things that happens here - we learn.

We make friends/acquaintenances also, but formost - we learn about all kinds of things. If we have no interest in that particular subject - we don't click on.

But the freedom of civil (for the most part) is wonderful.

Welcome - please stay awhile.

waiting

• Cricket
    Cricket

by xjw's do you mean df'd or disassociated ones or just lose who have become inactive?

Thanks,
    Cricket

• zev
    zev

Yes, all of the above.

__
    zev
    Sitting on the Wrong Side of the Fence Class

• logical
    logical

Cricket,

The main forum is mostly a bit of everything, heavily leaning toward inactive / ex-JW / anti-WTS

The best place is the rarely-used "Bible Research" forum

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Cricket,

Like what was already said, there is a diversity of people here. Welcome to the board and I hope you'll stick around for awhile and contribute your opinions.

waiting,

you said:

Not all jw's are active, (I'm a jw inactive but in good standing).

I'm very confused about all this stuff. so I have some questions.

What am I ?

( I don't even know what I am! )

I haven't been in a kingdom hall in 21-22 years. I was never df'd or da'd. I just simply stopped going. so, If one just stopped going, are they considered "inactive but in good standing" for the record? Is there such a thing as inactive but in bad standing? Would I have to write a letter and send it to the KH in my neighborhood in order to disassociate myself? And if I did, does that effect the "standing" part? gee wiz. all these "ratings" are making my head spin! Here are all the ratings I've seen mentioned:

marked
    reprooved
    spiritualy weak
    inactive
    disassociated
    volentarily disassociated
    disfellwshipped
    privately reproved
    bad assosiation
    worldly
    apostate
    imature christian
    unbaptized publisher
    -------------------------
    spiritualy strong
    mature christian
    active
    in good standing
    baptized publisher

questions questions questions!

am I just "inactive"? No elders or anyone ever came looking for me . or called me after the last time I walked out of a KH.
    Maybe I'm inactive in "still standing". tee hee....that's a new one I just invented.

peace,
    somebody

• Cricket
    Cricket

In response, if you simply stop attending meetings you are simply "inactive" there is no standing.

If no one has tried to contact you it could simply be due to the length of time that you have been away. And yes, if you wish to disassociate yourself you would need to put a letter in writing and send it to the local kh but I wish you would reconsider. Email me if you would like and we can talk.

However, I cannot stay on boards that are frequented by df'd or disassociated ones. If you have questions, again feel free to email me.

Thanks for your responses,

Thanks,
    Cricket

• somebody
    somebody

Cricket,

Thank you very much for your concern, and your offer. I have to turn it down though. I've learned to walk and stand, with no fear of stumbling. I didn't learn to do that overnight. It took me YEARS to recover from serving two masters. Thank you anyway.

peace,
    somebody

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Is this board for current active JW's or for former JW's?

Yes.

Are you the same Cricket that used to post on H20 some years back?

BTW, there's always Jehovah's Witnesses online. However, if you have any brain cells left, that place is sure to kill them, too.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit