Will my JW wife and son get into trouble for this?

by dmouse 35 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Your son wont get into any trouble, dont worry about that. I agree with stich I would tell the elders as the head of the household you want to be present for any disscussions.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I would not allow the elders to meet with my child in private, until they are baptized.

Even if my kid was baptised, I wouldn't allow a private meeting between him and those thugs if I could help it. When baptised, you're even more susceptical to the mental rape that they engage in.

No one should willingly submit to this "divide and conquer" technique they use on kids to keep them enslaved.

• blondie
    blondie

If the child is a minor, baptized or not, the parent must be there during any meetings with the elders. If the baptized husband is required to attend any meetings of the elders with his baptized wife, certainly the family head must be there for a minor child.

Good one for your wife, dmouse, for not allowing that that meeting.

• LB
    LB

The worst they can do to your son is to announce him a bad association. This doesn't require anyone to shun him. In fact he get get more attention from teenage witnesses. Your wife needs to report the elders behavior to the CO on his next visit. They have to ask her permission first.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good for her!! Maybe she is starting to think. They won't get into trouble for this, but will likely be regarded as a problem. They don't like anyone bucking their "authority".

Take her out to dinner!! She's protecting her baby.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Three cheers for Sister Doormouse!!!

I supose that she may be in there "Bad books" for a while but there is nothing they can do and the prior posters are quite right in saying that a parent should always be present in such discussions. I wonder why they would not go ahead with her involvement?

By the way, does she like to answer up at the meeting? She may find it harder to get her hand taken. You can get away with many minor things, but upset an elder and he remembers

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

While its true the elders can't really do anything like disfellowship your son or something like that still do not let him have any sort of back room meeting with or without his mother there. Those are almost always the equivilant of heavy brainwashing sessions and it really wouldn't be fair to your son to be up against 2 or 3 of those elders. Unless he's just totally fed up with those guy's BS he's still going to come out of anything like that in a much worse condition than he went into it.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

DM,

As the elders were completely out of order inviting your son to a private counselling meeting with them without a parent present I feel sure that they will leave your family alone for a while. They may have been trying to find enough evidence of your 'apostate' influence on him to take action against you however, but even so they are not at liberty to question him without his mother or father present. I am sure that they have been made aware of this by now.

What you may find is that they will use the platform to counsel your son as they were not able to do so in private.

My best to your son, encourage him in his creative ventures, perhaps we will see him treading the Boards one day.

Best - HS

• New Eyes
    New Eyes

That depends on what you consider trouble, the inquisition has already started, It won't be getting better that's for sure.

• Explorer
    Explorer

" Benjamin was brought up as a JW and was heavily involved, used extensively on the platform as a good JW role model. However, about a year ago (when he was 13) he started to have doubts and went through a cycle of depression, even contemplating suicide.

He has very strong opinions and an uncrushable resolve to make the best of his life. He loves singing, dancing and acting and is trying his best to develop these talents in order to fulfil his dream of working in the performing arts eventually."

Dear Benjamin's father :

I am sorry to know about your kid troubles, and guess things will not be O.K. with the elders too. Hope you don't get upset about my comment but being depresssed and suicidal at 13, with the loving singing, dancing and acting, sounds like a very strong GAY pattern to me. Of course I might be wrong, but, if you want to help him, DO NOT disregard this posible situation, the best possible way according to your convictions and values.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit