Will my JW wife and son get into trouble for this?

by dmouse 35 Replies latest jw friends

• queer_reality
    queer_reality

I'm not sure that this would work, but perhaps you could take some of the heat off of your wife by making it clear that she was following your instructions that your son is not to be alone with the elders. Maybe you could call them up, all indignant that they are trying to influence your son behind your back and it's a damn good thing that she followed your instructions not to allow any behind-closed-door meetings with him. You could even say that if they try anything like that again you will forbid him to go to any meetings.

queereality

edited for typos

Edited by - queer_reality on 26 September 2002 14:39:31

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

After all, if a young person is mature enough to make a life or death decision on blood transfusions, they must certainly be mature enough to decide whether or not to go to meetings.

excellent reasoning

• Satanus
    Satanus

From the mouth of a child:

'please don't make elder X cry!'

Priceless.

SS

• dmouse
    dmouse

My wife and children are back from the meeting.

Nothing happened this time. Maybe they are confused by my wife's response and are wondering what to do.

Benjamin did say that a letter was read at the meeting from the society, basically begging for more money.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Did these same idiot elders then call the Williams sisters and tell them they could no longer PLAY TENNIS??? What the hell?? When I first came in to the troof, the first thing I ended up being in was a judicial committee for the sins of a BAPTIZED brother...and they privately reproved me because I was "already an approved associate" I believe the term was then... I think they changed that to unbaptized publisher after that which was 1984. I was like you have to WHAT?? Im not even a MEMBER of this cockameemie organization yet and you think you can punish me?? Hes like well...we cant let this go without doing SOMETHING to you as you knew better. Um no...HE knew better, I didnt. I also had a friend who was a JW and her son was an unbaptized publisher for many years and started doing drinking or drugs or something and they announced him as DISASSOCIATED and he was never dunked!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Loves Dubs,

You make an interesting point. I find that my feelings about the Williams sisters are mixed; admiration and envy. I have to congratulate their father for his faith in his girls' talents and, I have to presume, his willingness to tell the elders just when they could get the f*ck off the bus. These characteristics are NOT something that the WTS taught him, in fact, he "brought them to the party" himself and resisted the counsel to let go of such independance. I think Mr. Wiliams might be a very interesting subject for an interview.

The WTs tells the sheep 'listen to us, do what we say, and nobdy will get hurt (at Armageddon). Some sheep who lack self-esteen will buy that, and some will raise their little lambs to know no other possibility. Then years later you look back and see that your compliance has got you nothing and nowhere, and the persons who resisted are overall better off. It makes you wonder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit