QUESTIONS: NY March-Dress for Dinner & Weat...

by abbagail 14 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOL TTBoy! I bet even a round of drinks in NY would be enough to "break the bank"!

The strongest thing I drink is coffee, anyway! ;-)

Sorry to hear about the car. Life can be a hassle, cars are a bigger hassle!

On another note: If anyone has any SL bumper stickers, they look GREAT plastered across your luggage! (Last minute idea I had).

Also, the SL_March yahoo group sent around a thought: All of the "marchers" going to David Letterman Friday night wearing SL Teeshirts. If anyone wants to take this ball and run with it (call the show/producers or whoever, see if it's possible, etc.), then let us know at the Pan Am Hotel. I've gotta hit the sack 9pm to get back up at 3 am.

Safe flying & driving to everyone!
    See ya soon!

Grits

• jukief
    jukief

My experience from living in NY and visiting the city many times on busines is that dress doesn't really matter. Only the most posh restaurants require that you dress up. You can wear jeans and a t-shirt just about everywhere. I don't think Bill or anyone else will want to go to an expensive restaurant after the cost of flying to and staying in the city, so you're safe. :-)

Have fun. My hubby will be there to represent both of us.

Julie Feuerbacher

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thanks Julie for that inside scoop of what NY is like! I feel so much better now! Comfy is the way to go! ;-)

Glad to hear your hubbie is coming, but sorry to hear we won't get to meet you, too!

Grits

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Glad to hear your hubbie is coming, but sorry to hear we won't get to meet you, too!

Yeah, Julie! I already MET Alan -- I wanna meet the great woman behind the great man! [Edited to say: Maybe TTBoy could sit on your lap! lol]

I agree with Julie, Grits, you don't need to stress over what you're wearing. I may even come a little more relaxed since the weather may be rainy... Also, I'm not sure if I have a T-shirt coming with Bill or not! (Can't remember what I ordered.)

out

Edited by - outnfree on 26 September 2002 0:3:8

• sf
    sf

Clothes are important, yes. Whatever you wear or do, just don't forget THE FILM!! We want plenty of documentation of this historic day.

Incidently, there will be the annual anti-globalization March in D.C. too this weekend. Preps are underway now. Wonder how the media will juggle these both, or not. We'll see I suppose.

Oh man, am I envious right now. What a great day in the nation you all will be apart of! I wish you all the best. Stay safe and stay healthy. And please know many of us ARE there, in spirit.

May the Force be with you all.

Sincerely, sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit