QUESTIONS: NY March-Dress for Dinner & Weat...

by abbagail 14 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Helloooooo -- is anyone still out there online who is going to the March in NY on Friday?

Two quick questions, please, if anyone knows:

WEATHER IN NEW YORK - Thursday/Friday/Saturday:
    1. Does anyone get cable TV/weather channel and can provide more detailed info on the daytime and evening temperatures in New York?

2. What's the status of the storm/rain for NY Thursday - Friday - Saturday? -- if anyone knows? The weather info I get in FLA for NY is not that specific.

WHAT ARE THE LADIES WEARING FOR DINNER FRIDAY NIGHT?
    After the march, I know there are plans for everyone to go out to dinner.
    1. Will we be going straight FROM the march to the restaurant?
    2. Or, is everyone going back to their hotels FIRST, and changing into something for evening dinner? (This question especially for the ladies.)

I am trying to pack as little as possible, and wondering if I need jackets, sweaters (for the weather).
    I also am wondering should I pack a different outfit for Friday evening dinner.

I know, I know... nothing like the last minute!

THANKS for ANY tips/weather insight/suggestions.

See ya soon!
    Grits

Edited by - Grits on 25 September 2002 16:47:37

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

ok the weather report for NYC:

Thursday Night
    Occasional rain. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds around 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.
    Friday
    Occasional rain ending late in the morning...then mostly cloudy. Becoming breezy. Highs near 70. Chance of rain 90 percent.
    Friday Night
    Cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Windy. Lows in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 50 percent.
    Saturday
    Gradual clearing and windy. Highs near 70.
    Saturday Night
    Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s.
  • abbagail
    abbagail

BLESS YOU BLESS YOU IZOB!!!!!

I am SO THANKFUL! That is a great detailed analysis of the NY weather! Thank you! Looks like I best bring a coat/jacket if it's in the 60's in the evening.

Doesn't look good as far as all that rain, eh? I did get the rain poncho from Walmart, like Bill suggested. Sounds like it's going to be messy weather up there (same as here in FLA, it's raining right now and last night, etc. etc.)

Again, THANK YOU! I LOVE the way you layed out the weather day by day, and for night AND day! Perfect!

Grits Very Thankful!

• jst_me
    jst_me

Hey GRITS,

I moved to New England from Tallahassee a year ago, and just to warn you 70 degrees up here does NOT feel like 70 degrees back home. Make sure you bring a light sweater or jacket to have with you, as soon as the sun goes down it gets downright cool. You will get cold before everyone else and they will make fun of you (oh wait that is my friends haha).

NYC is awesome, I love it there.

• outnfree
    outnfree

GRITS,

I'm wearing "business attire" for the March and have no plans to change, as I'm staying in NJ and won't be going back between the March and dinner.

Yes, unfortunately the weather report was clear a few days ago and now the forecast has changed to rain.

I'll bet Lady Lee is glad she thought of the plastic coating on tags and poetry!

See ya soon!

out

• chester
    chester

Here is the 3 pm forecast from the National Weather service office in New York. Looks like the rain is expected to end late in the morning.

NJZ005-006-011-NYZ072>077-260909-
    BRONX-ESSEX-HUDSON-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-NASSAU-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-
    QUEENS-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-UNION-
    309 PM EDT WED SEP 25 2002

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS NEAR 60. EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.
    .THURSDAY...CLOUDY WITH RAIN BECOMING LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER
    60S. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.
    .THURSDAY NIGHT...OCCASIONAL RAIN. LOWS IN THE LOWER 60S. EAST WINDS
    AROUND 15 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 80 PERCENT.
    .FRIDAY...OCCASIONAL RAIN ENDING LATE IN THE MORNING...THEN MOSTLY
    CLOUDY. BECOMING BREEZY. HIGHS NEAR 70. CHANCE OF RAIN 90 PERCENT.
    .FRIDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.
    WINDY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.
    .SATURDAY...GRADUAL CLEARING AND WINDY. HIGHS NEAR 70.
    .SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 50S.
    .SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLEAR. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S.
    .MONDAY...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 50S AND HIGHS IN THE UPPER
    60S.
    .TUESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 50S AND HIGHS IN THE
    LOWER 70S.
    .WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOWS NEAR 60 AND
    HIGHS IN THE MID 70S.

$$

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I'm going to wear my vest without a shirt.

<----------------

Maybe I'll get on the news.

Actually I'm just wearing regular clothes I can't handle suit and ties anymore except for court and weddings. I didn't know there were dinner plans. Keep me posted I'll buy a round.

• abbagail
    abbagail

THANK YOU PEOPLE!!!!

jst_me: Thank you so much for the explanation of 70-degree in FL v. 70-degrees in NY/!
    That is exactly the kind of info I needed!
    I definitely do not like "cold" and DO chill easily.
    Hey, I can take the "ribbing" as long as I'm WARM!!
    Big Hug for that info!!!

outnfree:
    If you're gonna be dressed so nice in "business attire," I will feel like a slobbo. Originally, (a month or so ago), there was a thread about what to wear, and I was all for looking "professional," until I remembered about wearing the SL teeshirts. My plan as of now is to wear slacks (and Florida "slacks" are nothing like NY slacks!) and a SL March Protest tee-shirt, and tennies for walking. (I'm sure others will be wearing the tee's as well). It is definitely a "casual look," which is why I was asking re: dinner attire. Hey, maybe I could wear a dressier outfit and just put the big Tee-shirt over me for the March, and then take it off, and switch shoes... Hmmm.... another idea... THANK YOU!!!

And chester -- Excellent description of the weather! THANK YOU KINDLY!!!
    It's definitely Not lookin' good... Nice weather for ducks, as they say!

And thanks for the tip about plastic coating for name-tags on the lambs. I would NEVER have thought of that. Maybe put the name-cards in small ziplock baggies, punch a hole in the baggy, and tie it around the lamb's neck???

THANKS EVERYONE!
    Grits

• abbagail
    abbagail

You buyin' dinner TT? Remind me to hook up with YOUR group!

Bare-chested with a vest? Hey hey hey.... watch out girls!!

As far as dinner, Bill has said all along (via his SL Email List), that all from the march would go out to dinner afterward, but that the specific plans would be made AT the march. So I do not have any details. We'll get those at the march.

Are you wearing a SL teeshirt for the march?

GRITS

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

My credit limit is only (well that's private)

I don't think I could afford dinner

I will definately consider buying a round of drinks though.

I am pissed though, because I have to take my car without a DVD player in it because I couldn't schedule an appointment to get my tires and brakes on the other car. Yea I know, poor me.

TT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit