Hello Everyone

by MarieK 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Welcome, MarieK!

I remember typing "Jehovah's witnesses" into the Google search bar for the first time. Heart was pounding! Minutes later, my eyes were opened.

Congrats on on your freedom, and more so that your husband is awake too! That is the single biggest issue in many of our lives right now. Now you get to walk out of the KH hand in hand.. I can tell you that's a dream of mine.

I look forward to more of your posts

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    welcome aboard , great to see newbies !
  • chicken little
    chicken little

Welcome MarieK,

It is difficult and a little hard the first few times you log onto this site, the JW brainwashing is hard to shake off.

It gets easier and with time you will be posting and supporting others that have taken the same step after yourself.

All the best and enjoy your new life with your young children. Wish we had woken up when our children were so young. Still freedom after 34 years is still freedom and feels just great.

Love

Chicken little

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Welcome Mariek and well done researching your religion even though you had to fight your own fear to do it.
  • DisArmed
    DisArmed

Welcome Marie!

There is no doubt, it takes great courage to do what you're doing. Anytime you research something knowing the result can "blow up" your whole infrastructure is frightening. Hang in there, rebuild, the ride ahead will be the time of your life.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Hi Marie K - Welcome !

Care to indicate which part of the planet you are from ??

I am in Cape Town South Africa

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Hello and Welcome
  • James Jack
    James Jack

Howdy!

Feel free now to make your own decisions, without the WT influence!

• done4good
    done4good

Great to hear MarieK. Today marks 10 years for me being mentally awake. Give yourself time, it gets easier, and whole lot better.

d4g

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Hi MarieK, welcome! I beat you in posting by a few weeks and it's great to be here. You will feel free to express your thoughts, doubts, rant and so on. Even as we now grow in our research we can still express our views, changes in thoughts, questioning as we go on. Yes am still in, by outward appearances still an elder for a short while. Phew I don't have to lie to the gullible from the platform again, but living a lie.

Gkad to hear your husband is "awake" too.

Waiting for the rest of your story. Hope you take things slow and easy in your fade...leaving ever so careful, gradual like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit