Hello Everyone

by MarieK 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Hi MarieK. And welcome. That's awesome!

I've been reading these forums for a long time too and only beat you by a few weeks in posting.

Thanks for your story hoping to hear more. Glad to hear your husband is "awake"

Here you'll find you can express your changing views as we all have while we learn. A great place to be updated and get links to subjects of interest.

Take things easy... Fade ever so carefully and gradually.

Welcome!

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

See. All are welcomed! .. Sorry was trying to correct a typo...but couldnt find original message...

Am still learning.... Baby steps.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX
    We all woke up one way or another and first we felt anger and cheated. Eventually we learnt to move on and lead a enriching life. Key is to research and be honest to oneself. We are freed.
  • Incognito
    Incognito

Welcome Marie,

It's strange to now look back and accept we thought it wrong and 'unthinkable' to not be able to research the religion we were an active member in.

While this religion is frequently referred to as "The Truth", in actuality, it can't stand-up to a little true research and criticism by its own members, never mind outsiders and potential converts.

Don't dwell negatively on time wasted and opportunities missed while a JW. The strong, super person you have become, is a composite of everything you have learned and experienced in your life so far. If you had not been a JW, you would not be the same person you are today.

• whathappened
    whathappened
    Hi, and welcome!
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

I wanted to chime in and give Marie a BIG WELCOME

• Stirred
    Stirred

Welcome MarieK -

Good insights here. It will stretch you and sometimes may make you whince a bit . Sift what you need and what helps you. Reflections and critiques cannot hurt truth. The best advice I had was to take your time as you "peel the onion." The UN issue was my first big shock but I put it aside for years as I put aside doubts to "wait on Jehovah." Stumbled onto this forum after too much wierdness at KH sent me searching for help. It's been a year and a half since finding this site. Stopped reporting hours and all studies a year ago. Stopped attending since Memorial. Read Crisis of Conscience and working through In Search of Christian Freedom...also enjoy JWSurvey and John Cedars you Tube. My husband is supportive but not fully out. it is your journey so find the support you need. Group here is very supportive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit