'Prepare for Banning' A HOAX! READ INSIDE

by ashitaka 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Just talked to my mom. She said that no letter was read and the information discussed did not say this at all. She said that they were reminded again that the end could be near considering some of the events going on in the middle east and the threat of chemical and biological warfare. Gosh, JW's are paranoid.

Just more WTS screaming that the end is near. They must be desperate for recruits.

Love,
    Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 25 September 2002 11:6:49

Edited by - robdar on 25 September 2002 11:7:27

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi,

Your thread gives us food for thought. I have said before, and I still do believe, that the WTBTS will make their own prophecies come to fruition.

The tactics that you mention are so much like the actions of other cults we have known, right before they "go out". They are withdrawing inward and holding the ranks tight.

It will be interesting to see how the various congregations receive this information. Hopefully, our contacts will be able to supply us with that information. I can almost see a great mass of people "coming out of the WTBTS into the world" and having to deal with all the things we have already suffered through. They will need support more than ever.

I think more and more, the long arm of the JW, will reach out to control and manipulate in ways they have only touched on in prior history. This is going to be a very difficult time for those who are just "hanging on" anyway, those whose "self" has been taken away. Can you visualize the "weeping and nashing of teeth"?

Sentinel/Karen

• scumrat
    scumrat

The Watchtower is losing the war on information control !!

They are now trying to control by FEAR & GUILT !!!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Trauma,

Yep, we all remember the Jim Jones event. Everyone's response was "how can this happen?". But, it did happen.

Those people were scarred to death, but they did just what they were told to do: drink the coolaid. I know my mother would probably be first in line to get hers.

It gives me the shivers.

Sentinel

• Robdar
    Robdar

They are now trying to control by FEAR & GUILT !!!

Hahaha, ya think so?

Love,

Robyn

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Trauma,

you know what's interesting? My friend and his mother mentioned the Koolaid last night too. Scary, because who knows what the WT would stoop to?

ash

• happy man
    happy man

I think some of you seeing gosts on brod daylight, we are not so silly that we think Jw will suffer in this democratic western countrys, perhaps in US the FBI will look in the pedofile register, and this not so bad, i think evry JW in US now abaout this issus or ?

here in sweden not so many now this, only we who are on internet and you now wee tell some, even our PO, and he was wery woried, whats going on in US, think it will be intresting to se what hapend 27 sept?

• minimus
    minimus

The THOUGHT or IDEA that we are going to be hunted down, villified and persecuted is what most old-timers have been saying for years. It will be an us against them thing all over again. Then when everything looks bleak, out of nowhere, Jehovah will protect those getting close to his eyeball. Then deliverance will be at hand!

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I can almost see a great mass of people "coming out of the WTBTS into the world"

I'm getting the same feeling. Maybe one can't see it in the annual report but just a feeling in my gut. Though I still many cars at the local Hall, I see less and less cars there on Saturday morning for field service. The little tid bits of information that I receive about JW's in the Chicago-land area reflect the fact that they are/have lost their belief in the WT. More and more seem to be making long term goals that are "worldly", without giving a thought to the "earthly paradise in my life time" belief. Perhaps the WT is sensing the same thing and they want to rally the troops with another "the end is near" cry.

• freedom96
    freedom96

These are their scare tactics. They well know about the march on Friday, they know about the latest book releases, they know about silent lambs, and now they can tell the congregations to beware of various types of persecution. At this point, look out, the Society is going to be blasted throughout the media. And sure enough, in a few days it will happen, and then the witnesses will realize that this must be the truth, for they predicted this media attack, and here it is. What a bunch of sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit