'Prepare for Banning' A HOAX! READ INSIDE

by ashitaka 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

My friend called me last night and said that his mother heard a letter read on Monday night at her Congregation meeting that said that the Rank and File should be prepared to be banned, to go underground, and persecution is coming soon, that halls would be taken, and such. That these things are definitely coming soon.

Could this be the spin that the WT is heading towards.....instead of facing the hard issues, make the issues the boogeyman and shut down the halls, giving the elders ultimate power?

They said that soon they would have to meet in people's homes with no literature, because of persecution.

Now, where is all this horsemanure coming from?

Could it be that this is the grand 1975-ish excuse to downsize...that 'persecution' is going to shut the face of WT down?

My friend made a good point. All it takes is a couple of presses to print a couple books and send them to only one brother per cong, if they take this approach. Saves a bunch of money.

Also, giving the elder's ultimate power is the best thing for them. They can disfellowship ANYONE they want, and the WT society will have nothing to do with it...officially. the WT keeps their hands clean, and the elders get dominion. All of the smart, good-hearted people will leave, and the rest of the lapdogs and crazed power-hungry ones will stay, and eat whatever garbage the man in charge gives them.

I just thought that this was interesting.

Any thoughts?

Edited by - ashitaka on 25 September 2002 19:29:33

• roybatty
    roybatty

Um...which is easier to control, a group that meets in a central location (aka Kingdom Hall) or a group that is scattered into dozens of smaller groups (meeting at homes)? I can't believe that anyone at bethel would be this stupid.

I imagine that the Society is sending out letters demanding...er....asking that the "brothers and sisters" help cut costs and that new halls won't be built unless they are really needed. Just like most large corporations, the Watchtower is cutting costs and downsizing. They are having problems selling their product so they need to cut costs.

Edited by - roybatty on 25 September 2002 10:35:30

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I agree with you Batts, it's just what I heard, and thought it was interesting. I'm curious as to why I didn't hear anyone else mention anything about it.

Perhaps this was a local ruse?

ash

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

When are they going to pass out the koolaid?

• La Capra
    La Capra

This sounds like the story of my childhood...at anytime, the persecution could begin. Seeing this post made me recall all the horrible nightmares I used to have as a young child. It always happened while I was eating my morning oatmeal in my nightmares

But on the other hand, if they go undercover, and stop publishing those nasty books and magazines, they will have nothing to "place" when they are out annoying their neighbors...and they won't be out annoying their neighbors anymore....

This could be the ulitmate tactic to change their M.O. by going in the closet as one thing and coming out something else. Yeah like that will happen anytime soon.

There will be no banning in the U.S., unless they impose it on themselves. We have the first amendment.

Shoshana

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I think they know of the March on friday, and what better way to pre-emptively strike then instill sudden fear & panic w/in the hearts of the rank & file? If they do see news of the march, they will now see it as yet another sign.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

shoshana,

that's the funny thing. but do you think they could convince the R and F that there is an unofficial or secret ban? Of course, with ease. Some people are just that dumb.

ash

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

My mother is still a very avtive JW and communicates with me daily. According to her no such reading of any such letter occurred.

• Farkel
    Farkel

If banning ever occurs, it won't be because they are a good, decent, law-abiding group of people who practice Christianity and the law of love. It will occur because they are a destructive, murderous cult who scoff at inherent rules of morals and ethics and sell books to earn salvation for themselves, and preach hate towards those who don't buy books and join their hate group.

Farkel

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

k Kelse, thanks.

I did get this from someone reliable, an ex-JW with devout members still in, and one of the secretly-outed members told him this. Frankly, they know that no such thing could happen and are disgusted that the WT would resort to that tactic to frighten people.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit