Reason why I reject the Bible

by refiners fire 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Because of just what you put in your thread, is the reason why I could not "buy" in on the biblical philosphy of the history of mankind. It's tied in with too much other "trash".

I'm certain that in the beginning of creation here on earth, there were lots of heavenly "gods" trying to get people to worship them. Many gods, many beliefs, and many people willing to follow their choice.

This does not make it right. In fact, it makes no sense at all. If on the one hand, we learn that god, the god we learned about as JDubs is perfect, then why has he made so many "mistakes". I think it is perhaps that there are many creatures in the expanse of the universe, who were perhaps given some authority over this planet. It was a new thing to them. They "toyed" with us. Isn't that so obvious? It is to me.

The Father/Mother of the entire universe is off doing business, and just look at what their reps here have done. What a mess! We are on our own, and always have been. We have made our own gods, from the glimpses of those superbeings that showed their face, but didn't stay around. Through the years, we have had enlightened teachers that have walked the earth, like Jesus. But, even his message has been twisted into something that I'm certain is no where near what he really hoped to accomplish.

But, there is a purpose to all of this, a purpose that we can only glimpse. Our original souls, gifts from the creators in our beginnings, are "feeling" their connection to the expanse. Many are unsure what this means, but we feel ourselves being drawn to this "new age" reasoning. It's so contrary to everything our foundation of human life has been based on. The closer the return, the more drawn to enlightenment we are becoming. Our creators are on their way back to us. Oh, they've been here before, usually in spans of time, in between great cataclysmic events to earth itself, and earlier creations that didn't work out. Now, when they return, they will be dealing with a "world full of human beings". It's going to be interesting, I think. And, although we might then recognize some connection to the way man has recorded things all over the world down through time, it won't remotely look familiar to the bible's depiction, nor the worldwide religious network.

For that matter, it won't "look" like anything we've ever emagined. It will be a wondrous event.

I'm looking forward to it.

Sentinel/Karen

• Francois
    Francois

But, but, but, but, Refiner's, WE CAN manage ourselves. As individuals. I have the Spirit of God within me, so do you, and so does everyone else. Listen to the small, still voice of the leading of the Spirit, and we can manage ourselves just fine.

What we can't do is form social clubs out of groups of individuals who believe similiar things about the spirit and such, call it a CHURCH, say its the only REAL & TRUE RELIGION, and start heaving our opinions around, forcing them on others because God told us we could.

Come to think about it, most of the trouble, bloodshed, tears, wars, crimes, and general mayhem has been caused by the God who makes choices like choosing the Jews, and then letting them run loose.

I've got the Spirit of the Absolute Reality living as a permanent feature of my mind, whispering in my inner ear, leading me on the right path. I don't need no gutter installer who can't hit the ground with his own hat telling me what to do.

francois

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Hes never done JACK SHIT for me

He let's you live. So, I guess your life is JACK SHIT huh?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Still taking the bible literally eh? You can take the JW out of the brainwashing but not the brainwashing outa the JW.

caveman

• Satanus
    Satanus

Pom

He let's you live. So, I guess your life is JACK SHIT huh?

Other entities which have also let him stay alive are: satan, myriads of demons, zeus, ahiram, allah, buddha, apollo, to name a few. Should RF be grateful these other beings as well?

SS

• JT
    JT

DannyBear says:

"Sampson was like the Arnie Shwartzeneger of his day. "

#######

You ---my Friend are a "Damn FOOL"- smile

I love it - we are here in the family room falling out- I loved your post the whole thing was good, but this one line was Great

keep [posting I love it

James

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

JT,

Sometimes I feel a little the fool, for saying what I do, but it just seems to come out. It took me many years to come to the conclusions I have, about the bible and jehovah. You know intimately, how tough it is to shake childhood illusions, then be able to verbalize them....is like a catharsis of sort.

I always hope that people will SMILE and not take my words as being blasphemous or disrespectful, just a guy trying to express himself. I only hope that what I say on occassion will get somebody to think about what they have been spoon fed about god and the bible.

It really amazes me how gullible we all were, the bible is god's word because it says so.....who started that rumor anyway?

Thanks for giving me a lift of spirits, often I feel like nobody's listening.

Danny

• willy_think
    willy_think

R.F.
    I can't clear any thing up but I can comment, if you don't mind, about the Christian concept of God and his relationship with time and creation.
    as a Christian, I believe God to be out side of creation, being out "looking in" he does not know what we will do before we do it, that is to say he doesn't look from "now" into "tomorrow" to see what we will do, instead he sees tomorrow in a "now" like he sees yesterday and today in a "now". from a perspective out of time the beg bang, the end of this creation and everything in-between are equally visible to him. To say why would he wait 2000 years to do something? It is difficult for me to understand what you mean, I don't see as he waited at all. one day or one million years are just time as plesure and pain are only fealings. he gives us time and fealings. he tells us to chuse love, to fill ourselfs with love for eachother. still we choose, we do, he sees.

The chosen nation, it seems to me, has worked. are they not the nation to which the lord was born? Seems like a big success to me. Israel was "punished" by God as a nation I don't know why but I do know that the punishment changed the nation into the individual people Christ came to, and from the chosen people came salvation to the world.

I realize we have very different perspectives of the Christian God, I hope I was clear enough to let you take a look at my point of view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit