Reason why I reject the Bible

by refiners fire 27 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Some Christian clear this up for me willya?

Christians are saved thru the mediation of Christ right? If thats the case, will someone tell me WHY God spent 3000, 2000 years, however long, stuffing around with Patriachs and Israelites? What was the whole point of the Israel / Chosen Nation business? It was never going to work. A nation is comprised of individuals. You cant declare a nation your special possession and then punish the collective mass for the rebellion of individuals. well, not and be truly "just" you cant. It was ALWAYS going to come down to an individual salvation / choice thing. Surely God knew this. Hell, even I know it. Now if He knew it, was He trying to demonstrate a point wasting 2000 years on an exercize that was doomed to failure?

When God "chose" Israel, did he expect them to be loyal as a nation?? If he didnt, He is unfair in continually punishing them. If He did expect them to be loyal, or thought they might be loyal as a nation, well, He is an idiot.

Edited by - refiners fire on 25 September 2002 3:48:46

• Gopher
    Gopher

It seems that the "God of the Bible" always enjoys dragging hundreds of millions (or billions) of people through long, meaningless experiments just to prove his point. Such as the fact that billions continue to suffer down to this day, just to prove that his Sovereignty is the best kind!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Anyone who believes this crap has got to be in denial.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..." His Sovereignty is the best kind!".....

Is THAT what this is all about? Weve seen that patriachy doesnt work. Weve seen that National salvation doesnt work..... is all this to demonstrate what DOESNT work, before innaugurating that which does? The Christians indicate that God, in the very beginning of sin, declared His intent to bring a redeemer. Christ. Did he originally intend that Christ would rule the world via the physical nation of Israel as His priests and governors?

Edited by - refiners fire on 25 September 2002 4:20:32

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Maybe he's working on his next plan right now. I hope it makes more sense.

pseudo

• puzzled
    puzzled

..... is all this to demonstrate what DOESNT work, before innaugurating that which does?

Funny as it sounds that is exactly what I've heard during many a Sunday Talk. LOL That basiclly this is all to prove a point to mankind. We cannot manage ourselves, never have and never will without the help of God. Without his help we will always suffer...something. There will always be war. There will always be those with too much and those with nothing.

• cellomould
    cellomould

'Rule Without God?'

When will God stop sticking his nose in our business ...how else can he prove his friggin' point?

We know from the Heisenburg uncertainty principle that there is really no way to even observe without affecting the outcome of an event (you increase the uncertainty of one variable by how much you know about another).

So don't you think God repeatedly popping up to say'I told you so' before the final accounting will have some effect on the outcome?

cellmould

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

That basiclly this is all to prove a point to mankind. We cannot manage ourselves,

well, so we come back to this, and it ties in with your point cello, God initiated the "Nation" thing with Israel. Not the Israelites, God. That being the case, Hes interfering in the course of events, in fact, directing them, which contradicts the claim that mankind rules itself. I always had a problem with this in terms of the "tower of Babel" incident (which Ive mentioned numerous times before). God created mankinds language barriers, surely a cause of misunderstanding and warfare later down the track. That being the case, he has radically altered the course of events by this act, so it is unfair to suggest humanity cause warfare and race hatred.My hypothesis is that God had no right to engage in such an action, while claiming non involvement. He has bastardized the experiment.

• puzzled
    puzzled

He has bastardized the experiment.

There's a thought. We're a bunch of laboratory mice.

We do the same thing, in the image of God? hmmm.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    Maybe he's working on his next plan right now. I hope it makes more sense.

Baldrick, I have a cunning plan....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit