ANY PREDICTION ON SILENTLAMBS DEMONSTRATION?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I might take some heat for this, but I think the question was a legit question and I know many people have wondered this. I don't think anyone wanted to see it took negative to ask. Although I am sure your last comment to your post ...

It's about the children stupid....

... was probably meant in jest. It could be taken very insulting, which is something many Ex-Jw's have to deal with all the time with relatives still in. Personally, I think it is about love and should always be on all things.

My thought

Dragon

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Although I cannot attend the march myself, Bill, I do hope a lot of good comes out of it. Ones like Laurie, Jesika, Erica and many others will state their piece and hopefully, the right ones will listen and have this nonsense stopped and protect the children from now on.

How sad that organizations that we have been taught are there to protect us all and guide us all through life have become a safe haven for criminals. Public outcry has forced the Catholic Church to really address the issue. It is my hope that the march will be the beginning of the same outcry directed at the Watchtower and they finally act accordingly. No one should ever have to fear ostracism for standing up and trying to protect victims.

I don't see this march as the final act, but rather the beginning. Word of it has been circulating to local Kingdom Halls here in Southwest Washington, so someone knows their cages are being rattled. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner), it has to sink in to some very thick heads that the Watchtower has been criminally negligent in their mishandling of pedophile cases over the years.

Lew W

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

: Other than bad press, do you think there will be a good result of the picketing?

Why don't you ask me sometime if I think your questions are idiotic? I'd be more than pleased to respond.

Here's why: your "polls" mean nothing, can do no good, nor can do no bad. They are just stupid, and every new poll you take is as stupid as the last one you took. The responses mean as little as your polls. If you must feed your poll mentality, then by all means keep taking them. I still think they are stupid.

Farkel

• puzzled
    puzzled

geesh what a grouch

• scumrat
    scumrat

HEY NATHAN NATAS.

THIS QUESTION DESERVES AN ANSWER FROM THE JEHOVAH SOCK PUPPET.

HAVE YOU BEEN PRIVILEGED WITH HIS PRESENCE LATELY.? DO TELL

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel ,if I cared about your opinion I would seek your response. However, I DO like you. Whether the feeling is mutual or not, I really don't know. I think some of your comments are stupid too. But, that's OK.( Perhaps some medication might be helpful).

• metatron
    metatron

Little by little, we chip away at the Watchtower.
    That's the only way to defeat it.

Right now denial reigns supreme
    Having a crowd of protesters gives visual evidence
    to the corrupt theocrats, that they are being watched
    and opposed. The good old days, when they could freely
    lie and cover up are over.

metatron

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Little by little we chip away at the society? I thought the intent was to force changes in WT policy regarding pedaphiles and treatment of the innocent?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

This is just a blurb that I heard in one of my classes:

It takes twenty years to introduce an idea.

It takes twenty years for it to infiltrate a culture.

It takes twenty years for it to become accepted and law.

Although I think the Silentlambs' march is going to do a lot of good with getting the word out, more so than it already has, it is going to take a lot more for it to become a REAL ISSUE as opposed to Bush wanting to fight Iraq, or the Palestinian cause in Israel. These headlines are always going to be number one. Not that there isn't hope. These issues, brought up repeatedly, will cause a social change. People aren't just going to stand around anymore while young children are abused. I am just saying it is going to take TIME. It is up to us to KEEP this in the media spotlight in order for change to be affected.

I believe that *all* people should be afforded the right of political, social, religious, etc. choice, but with that comes responsibilities, to protect our children. I think religious freedom is a glorious freedom and we should all be afforded that.. UNLESS it affects the lives of children, who are *also* guaranteed the right of freedom and its adjunct pursuit of happiness. No molested child is happy. If they were, we wouldn't be here. It is up to us to keep this in the light of truth.. and to pursue it with vigor. In that way, it will become the law of the land. Did anyone ever notice that the US didn't adopt the Internation Children's Rights Bill of the UN? Hmmm.. I wonder why. I know, as a country, that we don't want religion to cross with government. But aren't they two avenues to the same lane? We want people to be moral. We want people to obey the law. If you are moral, you obey the law. We have to MAKE a law that will make people be moral. Isn't that sad? We, as a country, have to take this religion by the horns and say: YOUR law is in conflict with moral ethics. You don't BELIEVE that you should have to report a child molester. WE, as a country, believe that you SHOULD because WE as a people believe that this is moral and correct. Isn't it a sorry statement on JW's that they don't report unless they HAVE TO? It's sad that we have to regulate morals.

It occurs to me that ANYONE in their right minds would call the law when faced with a dilemma of a young child reporting abuse. Wouldn't YOU do that? I would. Why don't they? Because they seem to be more concerned with the shame that it will bring on them as a congregation. I have one question to ask: WHAT SHAME? Why is it a SHAME that you are reporting to the law enforcement? Isn't it a BETTER statement to make that you are reporting it than shaming it into silence? WHY would it seem to them that it was a bad thing for them to report it to the cops? You know why.. because they want to be known as "the happiest people on Earth" and they don't want any tarnish to that image.

This will just pass as another march to them. They're used to it. They'll brand it as an annoyance for one day, and just shuck it off as persecution. But remember.. with every little press conference we do.. we'll be changing the way Society thinks of them.. so keep that in mind. It's not a big block coming off... just a chip. But every chip counts.

Country Girl

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Think about this:

The Local silentlambs Kingdom Hall Press Conferences showed up in Newspapers, so wouldn't you think a MARCH in BROOKLYN would make quite a few Papers and other Media?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit