ANY PREDICTION ON SILENTLAMBS DEMONSTRATION?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Other than bad press, do you think there will be a good result of the picketing?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

News wise, YES. It not, it would raise a lot questions for me personally.

Guest 77

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

There are a lot of protest and walks in NYC each year. I know some make the news and some do not. I like to think though, that all of the efforts will be rewarded with some actions. I just think the active JW's in Bethel will just feel that they have made changes and this is all Apostate hateful behavior. So cross your fingers, get a lucky rabbits foot, and hang your horse shoes out and hope the "God of Good Luck" get something going. (Sorry, a little Ex-Jw humor there).

Take Care

Dragon

• minimus
    minimus

I know 2 active witnesses that plan on going....They told me so today.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Having grown up in the org making anual and semi anual trips to Brookly headquarters, having done volunteer work there, and blah blah blah.... anyway- many have marched, many have picketed assemblys- many many many over the years. Silent Lambs has gained attention more so than any other bacause of the Catholic church issues, because of cable news networks and the internet.

I agree with Dragon- this will probably be another burp on the streets of Brooklyn. One can hope otherwise. There have been a few articles in the local paper here in Nashville. The one I was onterviewed for had my ugly mug posted on the front page. When it came out few noticed. Just a few months later no one remembers. The world is focused on Bush and Iraq- few are worried about JW's and Silent Lambs. The Society know this and I am sure they will try to quietly ride the storm out knowing how short memories are- remember they are the ones that perfected "New Light".. no one remembers the old light-

But again one can hope......

• DeProgram
    DeProgram

I am sure there Arrogance will rain supreme

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

From a nonJW perspective this will probably be a non-event. From Brooklyn's perspective this is something very disturbing. Headquarters will probably be dead with the usual JW answer to confrontation... garbage bags over the windows (lol).

There is an increasing amount of organizing (i know we hate that word) in opposition to them. People are coming together from all over, making connections and are united in a common cause against them. Any JW in a position of authority in this organization cannot help but be concerned over these things.

Success is measured in many ways and sometimes success is not appreciated until long after the event occurs.

Path

• Larry
    Larry

Demonstrations are effective in more ways than one.

Personally speaking, I'll feel better just demonstrating my pain, frustrations, disappointments, and anger towards an Organization that kept people in ignorance, broke up families, cause unnecessary deaths/persecution, violated people rights, and turned their back on victims.

However, the real question is the FOLLOW UP. Behind every successful demonstration is a diligent follow up. The demonstration is only the beginning.

My prediction - The BORG will suffer from some very damaging blows. They will recover only to realize the power they once had is fading quickly. Many people inside and out the BORG will finally see the man behind the curtain.

Peace - LL

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

For the first time in the history of this organization people from both sides of numerous beliefs and major issues are coming together for a common cause, protecting children. We walk together to take a stand for what is morally and ethically right. We stand against an evil perpetrated aganist children within and on the outside of this organization. As you may recall when Clinton was first running for president there were various rumors running about what the election was about and they came up with a simple button, "its the economy stupid". While somewhat simple and condescending it really brought focus to what the real issues were all about.

So while a few dolts sit back and try to figure out how many will walk down Columbia Heights and make light of what it will accomplish. Real men and real women who were raped as children are packing their bags and spending their last dime to be there. Why? To take a stand, to give support, to stand as one with fellow survivors and advocates on an issue that has robbed them of their innocence, their self esteem and their very sanity. They stand as one for what is morally and ethically right and spit in the eye of those who hurt children. I am humbled to be in their presence, I am honored to walk with them.

It's about the children stupid....

silentlambs

• minimus
    minimus

Bill, any idea of the numerical turnout? I hope it doesn't pour out for that day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit