The long awaited Dossier on Iraq UK Position

by Celtic 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm suppossing the fact that the government of Turkey, today interecepted 35 pounds of weapons grade Uranium headed for Iraq will still not convince the doubters of the the threat Sadam poses?

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Funny I watched the news about the uranium also. What was said was that this was not unusual. They indicated that the uranium has been on the black market since the fall of the soviet union and it's destination could have been to several diferent locations.

Sadam has not taken any direct action against the US. The issue at stake is the unprecidented action of the US in attacking a country. I suggest that all back away from the cable news propaganda and dig a little deeper.

Why do so many want a war so bad?

• teejay
    teejay

I can't believe that thinking people are actually having this discussion.

As bad as Bush wants to get Hussein, even he admits the links between Iraq and al-Quaida are unproven. What *is* known is that the guys who flew the planes all came from Saudi Arabia. Why is there no uproar directed toward the Saudis? Bush has politicized the targeting of Hussein, pure and simple, regardless of the fact that there is NO PROOF.

Do we really want our leaders to get into the business of bringing down the governments of those we don't like? To use our greater force and technology as preemptive, first strike weapons against less equipped nations who we can't prove have any aims on us?

Logical is right.

• cellomould
    cellomould

It's funny just how old this issue is...read up...this date's back to Clinton's Administration, when he wanted to invade Iraq:

http://www.billtotten.com/english/ow2/00148.html

By the way, did you ever hear the United States government spoke out about the genocidal abuses perpetrated by the Indonesian government? The U.S. continues to support Indonesia.

cellmould

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit