Are the Governing Body Members Mentally Ill?

by Oubliette 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Really they just bought into the marketing scheme that allured them into the organization like anyone else but were personally driven to climb up the honor and power class of the structured middle management men.

In realization of what they achieved they are even more holding onto the organization for what they have obtain not only stature but lifestyle support for the rest of their lives.

If you were placed in the seat of a multi million dollar world wide organization that availed you to travel around the world and get greeted like a Pope Celebrity just about wherever you went, you would be quite persistent and assumed to retain all of that, I'm sure.

Honesty and personal integrity wasn't really present in their journey to reach that pinnacle of position within the organization so why would all of sudden pop up during their duty of such elevated privilege ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Anyone who lives a life of delusion is in fact mentally ill. Many such people function despite their illness, and do little harm.

To answer the Thread Title with any degree of authority, you would have to know the level of delusion the various G.B members live under.

My guess, for what it is worth, is that they vary slightly as to level of delusion, but all of them know they are not being honest with the R&F JW's, and know that they are operating a Scam.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Sociopaths are habitual and guilt-free liars. They knowingly lie to get what they want. But sociopathy is a personality disorder; one with possible physiological causes, but no cure. They're just naturally bad people and we're stuck with them.

tmo3 tho... He's like cheney, durst or madoff evil. He has no qualms about victimizing people on a mass scale. I'm convinced that man is a sociopath (and perhaps even a psychopath or sadist because he appears to enjoy the pain he causes). What horrid, untold secrets must his wife & kids know? Hopefully some day, one of them will write a tell-all book like Jenna Miscaviege did.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Dario, don't forget Narcissist!
  • paranoia agent
    paranoia agent
    Oubliette:You can't possibly know that. You're certainly able to think it, but you can't know it and in fact you are wrong.

In context of what is being discussed here, yes I do know. I have also mentioned a number of books in my post and run a blog dedicated to books on psychology - http://psychbookreviews.blogspot.com.au/

Oubliette: OK, you just lost all credibility in this discussion.

How so?

Oubliette: Pretty ironic statement considering your JWN Username.

BTW, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

What about my username? It says nothing of me. What are you twelve?

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent
    Phizzy15 hours ago

Anyone who lives a life of delusion is in fact mentally ill. Many such people function despite their illness, and do little harm.

There is zero evidence. There is no psychologist, neurologist or psychiatrist that will support you with your comment from ignorance.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

P.A Enter "Delusion as a Mental Illness" into Google.

It interests me that the Mental Health professionals exclude religious delusions from the list of delusions they rate as "mental illness". Why ?

• Lieu
    Lieu
    It's quite obvious when someone has a mental disorder ... and we don't need to torture dogs to figure it out.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I find many JWs with sociopathic traits combined with psychopathic personalties.

I guess brainwashing people that they are special and the rest of the world is evil, worthy to be killed off is going to create or stimulate a measure of anti personality disorders.

Signs and symptoms

People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.

A. Significant impairments in personality functioning manifested by:

1. Impairments in self functioning (a or b):
    a. Identity: Excessive reference to others for self-definition and self-esteem regulation; exaggerated self-appraisal may be inflated or deflated, or vacillate between extremes; emotional regulation mirrors fluctuations in self-esteem.
    b. Self-direction: Goal-setting is based on gaining approval from others; personal standards are unreasonably high in order to see oneself as exceptional, or too low based on a sense of entitlement; often unaware of own motivations.
    AND
    2. Impairments in interpersonal functioning (a or b):
    a. Empathy: Impaired ability to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others; excessively attuned to reactions of others, but only if perceived as relevant to self; over- or underestimate of own effect on others.
    b. Intimacy: Relationships largely superficial and exist to serve self-esteem regulation; mutuality constrained by little genuine interest in others' experiences and predominance of a need for personal gain

B. Pathological personality traits in the following domain:

1. Antagonism, characterized by:
    a. Grandiosity: Feelings of entitlement, either overt or covert; self-centeredness; firmly holding to the belief that one is better than others; condescending toward others.
    b. Attention seeking: Excessive attempts to attract and be the focus of the attention of others; admiration seeking.

C. The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expression are relatively stable :across time and consistent across situations.

D. The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expression are not better understood as normative for the individual's developmental stage or socio-cultural environment.

E. The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expression are not solely due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, medication) or a general medical condition (e.g., severe head trauma).

DSM-IV-TR

Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR, include. This version is used well now:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
    2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power,brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
    3. Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
    4. Requires excessive admiration.
    5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.
    6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.
    7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
    8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
    9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

Other symptoms in addition to the ones defined by DSM-IV-TR include: Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends, has trouble keeping healthy relationships with others, easily hurt or rejected, appears unemotional, and exaggerating special achievements and talents, setting unrealistic goals for himself/herself.

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by an over-inflated sense of self-importance, as well as dramatic, emotional behavior that is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.

In addition to these symptoms, the person may display arrogance, show superiority, and seek power. The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to the traits of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence; differentiation occurs when the underlying psychological structures of these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others, when in reality they have a fragile self-esteem, cannot handle criticism, and often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. Comments and criticisms about others are vicious from sufferers of NPD, in an attempt to boost their own poor self-esteem.

Another narcissist symptom is a lack of empathy. They are unable to relate, understand, and rationalize the feelings of others. Instead of behaving in a way that shows how they are feeling in the moment, they behave in the way that they feel they are expected to behave or that gives them the most attention.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    Anthony Morris has also gotten fat over the last few years. I hereby disfellowship him for gluttony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit