October Kingdom Ministry Now Available

by Stephanus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

sword of jah wrote:

"Playing organized sports is not a sin. "

Strictly speaking, no. But consider sword that if it keeps you from spending the maximum time in study and service, it is. It also exposes you to the dangers of competitive sports, and don't forget that worldly participants could be drug users, all something a Christian must avoid.
    I wonder how Serena and Venus were able to develop world class ability to play tennis while going to school AND keeping up with their studying, meetings, meditation, charitable help of needy ones in the congregation and association with the brothers and sisters in their kingdom hall?
    Is it right for us to aspire to fame and fortune? Is that not evidence of a lack of humility? Clearly, striving for a career in sports is something true Christians must steer clear of.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

My personal favorite was looking at the talk titles for the year to come. Why dress modestly, Why I don't use Drugs, Will there be anyone left after armagedon, etc, etc.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I love how Mr. Sword trys to get away with DoubleSpeak and DoubleThink:

Playing organized sports is not a sin. As always, you opposers misunderstand the material, or should I say you turn things around just to criticize. The Faithful and Discreet Class gives counsel. In this case it is wise counsel, as there could be some sprititual dangers in playing organized sports. Whether the Williams sisters follow the counsel or not is up to them. Of course by their actions they show their lack of appreciation towards spiritual matters, but that's another story.

Let me see here... it is not a sin to play sports, but by playing sports they are showing a lack of appreciation towards spiritual matters.

I wonder if anyone here is aware of someone who was shunned or marked for playing sports. If so, does this mean that god's "Glorious Ones" (under the direction and appointed by Holy Spirit) are punishing people for doing things that are not sins?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

*gag*

Can't beleived I stomached that stuff for so long.

*wretches*

ash

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

To Sword of Jah: Perhaps if we had not been so badly hurt by the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses we would not now be so interested in what is happening inside. Some of us are trying to find reasons for our pain so we can recover, some have family members still inside the organization who are shunning them, and some of us just have a morbid fascination with the amount of control a group of 12 old men can have on seemingly intelligent people. I believe Jim Jones and his cult generated the same amount of interest even among people who had not been a part of it.

I'd like to invite you to read our posts with a sincere, open mind, and see what you make of it. If you still look disdainfully on us as a bunch of dirty apostates, then you need to seriously examine your own attitude, not ours. The Bible says Jehovah will take care of judging people, so you need to stay out of it. And think of how upset your elders would be if they knew you were coming here and associating with us!

Nina

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Where's Valis with his definition of a troll when we need it!

ash

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My carefully worded response: After reading the Kingdom Misery, I have been diagnosed with Throw Up and Go Syndrome, commonly known as Heave & Leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit