2002 Newsday Top 40 Private Companies ($$$)

by Funchback 27 Replies latest social current

• Gopher
    Gopher
    "We were very pleased with the decision," said spokesman J.R. Brown, adding that while Jehovah's Witnesses "don't need any government to authenticate this work ... it is comforting to know that this primitive version of Christianity is still validated."

Wrong again, J.R. !! The right to FREE SPEECH was validated by the court. The court didn't validate your looney harmful and family-rending version of Christianity.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Funchback:

Thanks for posting this.

You've just added to my lengthy to-do-list.....lol

Expatbrit

• Funchback
    Funchback

expatbrit... No problem. I always enjoy handing out assists!

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

Revenue: $951 million

Is this how much income they reported last year in 2001? Or is this for this year, year-to-date?

• footprints
    footprints

Does any one know how much of their assets they have invested in very high yealding, very secure, first trust deeds.

What a great deal. Other religions have to invest in the stock market and low yealding government bonds but the WT has somthing much better

Now I understand why the COs and DOs were so insistant that we move out of our very nice modest but spaceious and paid for hall and go a quarter of a Million dollars in debt.....

Just think! The new Hall is wouth about 1 Million. and if the publishers don't make the payments the WT gets it.

• Scully
    Scully

If I remember correctly, Dunn & Bradstreet reported that the WTS's revenue in 1995 or 1996 was $951 Million.

This figure keeps popping up year after year. Something doesn't smell right.

Love, Scully

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Being a "Non-Profit" we'll never know the true figures.

"Primitive Christianity" The only thing primitive about these guys is the attitudes.

• conoroberst
    conoroberst

yep, something is strange about the $951m if it cops up year after year..

However, remember this is REVENUE not PROFIT

Do we know how much of this is expended in cost in the US bearing in mind the US covers all of the "Head Office" costs too.(and yes of course staff costs are reduced, but all othe Fixed and variable costs aren't)

Do we know how much of this money is sent out to other countries.

Irrespective of the other two figures amongst (say) 1,000,000 publishers, let alone associated ones and attenders $951 dollars each is not alot of money...if the society are just in it for the money they obviously need to do a lot better.

• rocky220
    rocky220

That's all well and good as long they didn't "cook" the books.......[heh-heh]........rocky220

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Its always been about the money...I knew a guy who worked as a type of paralegal in the legal department in Brooklyn and he said that most of his work involved real estate.

Funch I can't open that link, wassup with that?? Thanks for posting it btw...

~Beck~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit