2002 Newsday Top 40 Private Companies ($$$)

by Funchback 27 Replies latest social current

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hey, Beck.

I don't know what happened. That WAS the link when I began this thread.

Perhaps the WTBTS requested that they remove the link???

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Must be demonz!!

• gumby
    gumby

Brothers and Sisters! Shame on you!

Did we not know that in the last days Jehovah would "milk the nations" Yes that's right, ....milk them for every tax dollar they can get, yet use these governments to their advantage......sounds Christian to me.

• New Eyes
    New Eyes

How many widows and orphans can you help with that much money?

• Mackin
    Mackin

Well I hate to disagree with y'all but I don't think it's about the money so much as the power. After all, 1 billion US dollars is not that big a deal for a global organisation with 90 odd branch offices. I really think that the reported turnover is a natural consequence of owning a lot of valuable property in NY and other places, plus the contributions of a bunch of "borg drones".

I grant you that my experience is limited, I only served in a branch office in a little backwater like NZ for 5 years, but what I did see was men with a lust for power and control rather than lust for money.

And to be fair, I have seen some of that money used in some rather altruistic ways. The South Pacific region has some fierce weather form time-to-time and many 'dubs living in the Pacific Islands have had their homes destroyed by flood, hurrcanes etc. The WTS has donated money to help them rebuild several times.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defent the WTS, I hate the barstards, but I'm trying to say that I don't think the prime motivation of the WTS is money, it's power and control.

Mackin.

• hungarian xjw
  • Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I know where some of the money is going....They are building an apartment on the side of the assembly hall by our house for the Circuit overseer when he visits!...I guess it sits empty until he comes?....Gee in the good old days, they generally stayed with "Friends!". Wanna bet who is really paying for it????? Not the WTBTS. They may have made a loan to the JW's...which will have to be paid back...and then they will probably charge rent besides! And of course they will have a talk about "Contributions"at the assembley hall before he visits!

Speaking of building..One of the JW's where hubby's Mom lives is having a BIG fancy house built. Well that has always been a sore spot with me! If they are supposed to love one another..why don't they just live in a regular house and contribute the rest to "Further the preaching work?"..Why don't they pool their money and support each other? That way they could all share in the preaching work?....Well that is what they teach...after all!.

And why spend precious time building when the end is supposed to be so near? Shouldn't they spend ANY spare time they have in the preaching work?????

And why are their followers so blind they can't see!

They must be blinded by all that "Light"...Yeah...that must be it!

Golden Girl....aka..Snoozy..

• hungarian xjw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit