movies to make them think

by showme 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• showme
    showme

Any suggestions on movie rentals that might make a JW think. Or maybe present new or other possibilities? "What dreams may come" is a good one that I know of, so....any sugestions?

• willy_think
    willy_think

The Sci-fi movie 1984 comes to mind.

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

The Truman Show is a good one, but it might fly right over their heads

• Mac
    Mac

Rocky Horror Picture Show

"science fiction double feature

Dr. X will build a creature............"

:D

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Signs

Even though I think the BORG has sucessfully unplugged the deep thinking part of their brain.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was watching the "Sopranos" tonite and Tony was talking with a golf buddy, and a guy walks up towards him. He tells the guy that " this guy ( not the word used, @#$%sucker) is more boring than listening to Jehovah's Witnesses". I laughed and so did the hubby.

If they watched that they may see how stupid people think they are and how boring their message really is. Not many in the real world take Jehovah's Witnesses very seriously.

• LB
    LB

Any Star Trek movie featuring the Borg.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Pleasantville

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

LB, How about that Star Trek episode, this side of paradise, you know with the flower spores? I thought that was a great anti JW type attitude episode. We all thrive on challenge, if you remove challenges from humans you strip us of our humanity.

• Swan
    Swan

Hey LyinEyes!

I saw that too. My husband and I both burst out laughing, and my husband has never even been a JW.

As dysfunctional as the Soprano's are, they look like Dr. Melfie compared to the JWs.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit