A good question to make JWs 'think'

by Simon 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

How can they think for themselves when their 'not' encourage to think? Their robots, push button answers, wait on Jah!

Independent thinking banned, so much for freewill.

Golf

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I tried and it didn't work. The response I got was that "the Watchtower is corrupt, just as ancient Isreal was. But, like ancient Isreal, the society is still being used by Jehovah at this time to accomplish his purpose."

Walter

• trevor
    trevor

There is no question that can be asked that will make a JW think becauce they have been trained to not think. They only respond to instructions issued out of Zion - wherever the hell that is?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

"What would the WTS have to do to convince you that it wasn't God's organisation?"

I like the focus on actions - instead of doctrine here. Most witnesses will excuse wrong doctrine and thinking by the org - but focusing on the wrongs, if u can get that far is a good idea.

How about this - in view of the way the org has attacked other religions?

If you became aware of intentional wickedness, like that that the organization has exposed regarding other religions, i.e; child molestations cover-ups, linking to politics and let's say the UN, deception to governments to gain recognition, trust of the church-leadership while ignoring God's express will. Would that make you think that perhaps God was not with the organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit